Grow Festival 2020
Year 8 students Silviu and Theo recently took part in the Grow Festival as part of the Corby Young Writers Group.
Year 8 Art
This fantastic piece was created by Year 8 student Georgiana.
Now and Next
Thank you to all the parents who attended this event along with our Year 11 students.
Grow Festival 2020
Year 9 Drama
Students have been working really hard on devising skills this term. Miss Hallybone is very pleased with their hard work and progress.
Anti Bullying and Mental Health Awareness
Year 9 students Mollie and Denisa attended an event at Northampton Town FC to show support.
Wristbands were worn worn to support this initiative and students from the well-being team gave chocolate bars to all staff as a thank you.
Students have also been encouraged to show kindness to each other, no matter how small the gesture.
Stars of the Week:
- Mrs Walpole has nominated Year 9 student Ruby for her hard work during their sessions.
- Mr Cox has nominated Year 9 and Year 10 Drama students for their hard work this week.
- Miss Blencowe would like to say well done to her Year 10 Food Technology students for a fantastic lesson making mayonnaise and meringues. All showed good resilience with what can be some tricky techniques.
- Miss Shran has nominated Year 7 student Harry C for planning and teaching an excellent presentation in his Year 7 Dystopian lesson this week; he showed great enthusiasm and his fellow students really enjoyed his knowledge! Also nominated is Year 11 student Kaitlyn
for her excellent effort writing her Romeo and Juliet exam question this week.
Mr Horne has nominated Year 7 students Roman and Chloe for good teamwork and persistence when studying scale diagrams in Maths.
Mrs Morgan has nominated Year 8 students Rhema and Emma for fantastic Art work.
The January parent information pack from Amazing Apprenticeships is here:
It offers information and support for young people and parents who are considering an apprenticeship as their next step.
- Year 13 Parent/Carer Consultation Evening will take place on Thursday 20th February at Brooke Weston Academy.
- School will close on Friday 28th February for our two week break. We will reopen on Monday 16th March.