Crew's News - Mrs. Copeland's Class
March 6, 2015
What are we up to?
Writing: Writing opinion pieces with a topic sentence, body, and conclusion
Math: Data/Graphing Unit
Students will learn how to create and interpret bar graphs, picture graphs, and pictographs
- Struggling?: 1st grade - DATA AND GRAPHS (M.1, M.2, M.3, M.4)
- Grade Level Practice: 2nd grade - DATA AND GRAPHS (R.2, R.3, R.4, R.5, R.8, R.9)
- Need a Challenge?: 3rd grade - DATA AND GRAPHS (P.4, P.5, P.6, P.9, P.10)
Science: Weather Unit
We will learn how to tell the temperature with a thermometer, graph weather, describe different types of weather, and learn severe weather safety precautions.
*Don't forget to fill out your weather journal each night!
- March 5 - 2nd & 3rd grade musical (Sullivan Middle School Auditorium @ 7pm)
- March 8 - Daylight Saving Time (Spring forward 1 hour)
- March 11 - LATE START - IHES will operate on a 2-hour delay
- March 13 - PTA Movie Night - Big Hero 6
- March 17 - St. Patrick's Day
- March 18 - McAlister's Deli (Herlong location) Spirit Night
- March 20 - FUN RUN PEP RALLY :)
- March 23 - March 27 - Scholastic Book Fair (more info. and hours to come)
- March 30 - April 3 - Spring Break
- March 30 - April 3 - Spring Break
- April 10 will be the last day for the 21st Century program.
- April 15th - Walk to School Day
Bad Weather make up days are printed on the 2014-2015 District Calendar
The days set for make up are: Jan. 16, April 6, May 25
Don't forget to save those BOX TOPS Box Top Flyer
Tuesday, May 5 - Bond Referendum Vote
Don't forget to place your Scholastic Book Order!
Shop Online: scholastic.com/readingclub
One-Time Class Activation Code: L6J42
You can shop and submit your order online or return the printed order form with payment directly to me. No matter how you order, every purchase you make earns FREE Books and educational supplies for our classroom.
Our class has also created a wishlist of books we would like to add to our classroom library. If you would like to donate, click on our wishlist to order books.
The arrival of the book box is always a highlight-thanks for making it happen!
Ordering online is fast and easy:
- VISIT scholastic.com/readingclub
- ENTER the one-time Class Activation Code (top of this letter)
- SHOP from a carefully curated selection of the best books, value packs, and Storia eBooks
- SUBMIT your order and earn FREE Books for our classroom
- All book orders will be shipped to our classroom so we can celebrate the joy of reading together!
We appreciate everyone for our continuous donations! :)
2015 - 2016 Calendar Approved
The district calendar for the 2015 - 2016 school year has been approved.
FUN RUN - Coming Soon
The fun run planning meeting, originally scheduled for Thursday, February 26, will be rescheduled.
2015 Fun Run dates:
March 20th- Fun Run Kick-off Pep Rally
April 22nd- (Late Start) Fun Run Day
We need pictures!!!
If you would like to share a photo of your child being physically active please send it to Ms. Roof or email it to her at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are creating a Physical Education bulletin board showcasing kids and exercise, we have very active students at IHES so we're looking forward to those photos.
Media Center Corner
In fourth grade this week, we are discussing cyber-bullying. In second grade, we are beginning to discuss digital citizenship and being mindful of the things we post online. In first grade, we are finishing our unit on digital citizenship by discussing who we might encounter online and what action we should take.
Tip sheets and information about digital citizenship can be found at www.commonsensemedia.org.
More information about netiquette and how kids can be safe online can be found at http://www.netsmartzkids.org/.