The Panda Post
October 8, 2022
¡Traduzca este boletín! 이 뉴스 레터를 번역하세요! Энэ мэдээг орчуулаарай! Przetłumacz ten biuletyn! | Переведите этот информационный бюллетень!
- Watch this short video for instructions on how to translate it into your language.
- Mire este breve video para obtener instrucciones sobre cómo traducirlo a su idioma.
- 귀하의 언어로 번역하는 방법에 대한 지침은이 짧은 비디오를 시청하십시오.
- Үүнийг хэрхэн богино хугацаанд өөрийн хэл рүү хөрвүүлэх зааврыг энэ видеоноос үзээрэй.
- Obejrzyj ten krótki film, aby uzyskać instrukcje, jak przetłumaczyć go na swój język.
- Посмотрите это короткое видео, чтобы узнать, как перевести его на ваш язык.
Thursday, October 13
Principal Thursday Meeting (all invited!) , 6PM, Zoom
Friday, October 14
No School - Parent/Teacher Conferences
Monday, October 17 - Friday, October 21
Character Counts Food Drive
Wednesday, October 26
D34 ParentConnect - Empowering Parents for Today's World: Mindsets and Skills for a Successful School Year - 7:00PM-8:30PM @ Springman
Message from the Principal
This week our students were able to enjoy our first PTA sponsored cultural arts assembly of the year. Students learned about the pre-Hispanic Aztec traditions of central Mexico. The program was highlighted with some authentic costumes and instruments. It was extremely fun and engaging for our all of our preschool through second grade students. A big thanks to the PTA.
Next week we will be having family teacher conferences throughout the week. The goal at Westbrook is to conference with ALL of our families here at Westbrook. If you have not already signed up with your students' classroom teacher, please make to reach out to them immediately to set up a conference. Parents/guardians play an important role in the educational experience of all our students and we look forward to partnering with you all to help support your students.
Westbrook is looking forward to our fall parties this year that will take place on Monday, October 31. Please see below for more information regarding the day for our students!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Fall/Halloween Parties at Westbrook
During the day, the PTA has provided grade level activities that will be delivered by the classroom teacher. The PTA will be sharing a sign up genius in their newsletter this week for any parents that are interested in signing up to help with the party inside their student's classroom. The party will take place during the day on October 31 but the time will be determined by each classroom teacher to accommodate their individual schedules. Please note that food will NOT be part of this celebration.
As you and your students prepare for Halloween, please keep in mind our Westbrook guidelines:
- Please do not let your child bring any type of weapon, fantasy or look-alike. This includes plastic swords, fake guns, or anything that could be perceived as a weapon.
- Costumes that are violent or bloody are not allowed.
- Masks(that are part of a costume or that cover the entire face) are not allowed at school.
- For safety reasons, please be sure that your child can see and walk around easily in his/her costume.
- If you have any doubts about the appropriateness of any portion of your child’s costume, please contact your teacher or the main office and we will be glad to advise you.
Any student or family that does not want to participate in the following activities will be given alternate activities in our LRC. Please let your class. These activities will be the same fall themed activities provided by the PTA to all students however they will be delivered in a setting without any students wearing costumes.
Please join us on Wednesday, October 26 at 7:00pm in the Springman Wildcat Commons for “Empowering Parents for Today’s World,” our first in-person D34 ParentConnect program since March 2020! You’ll leave with actions that you can put into place immediately to make a difference for you and your child.
Professional counseling staff from Family Service Center and members of the D34 student services team will guide parents in supporting their children’s academic and social emotional success. Through quotes and clips, D34 teachers will share their perspective on the student experience and offer thoughts on how teachers and parents can work together.
Glenview District 34
1333 Greenwood Road
Glenview, IL 60026
Main Office# (847)998-5055
Office Fax# (847)998-1872
Absence Calls/Health Office (847)657-2494