May 19, 2023
Location: 1867 Frankfort Ave, Louisville, KY 40206
Phone: (502) 897-1583
Fax: (502) 897-2850
Dear Wildcat Families!
It's hard to believe that next week is our last week of school for the year. It continues to be an honor to be the principal at KSB and to have the opportunity to see your children daily! Thank you all for your continued support for our school; KSB is blessed to have you as a part of the KSB family
Congratulations to our graduating seniors: Caleb Adams, Faith Cook, Eric Echeverria, London Henry, Alex Hitzelberger, TaMyah Jordan, Jontae Moore, Cory Wallace and Erin Willoughby! We are excited for your next adventure in life and can't wait to see you get your diplomas next week. For those families with students returning for the 23/24 school year, registration packets will be mailed home no later than June 23rd.
I hope everyone has a wonderful, relaxing summer and I look forward to seeing you and your child on August 13, 2023 for Registration Day.
- Monday, May 22-Athletics Banquet
- Tuesday, May 23-8th Grade Promotion; HS Awards and Junior Ring Ceremony; Graduation
- Wednesday, May 24-Elementary Concert and Awards; LAST DAY OF SCHOOL
- May 30-June 2-KSB Elementary and Middle Summer Program
- June 5-9-Summer Program-Statewide Elementary and Middle
- June 12-16 Summer Program-Statewide High School; Summer Work Program
- June 19-23 -Summer Program KSB High School; Summer Work Program
If you have any change in phone numbers, home address, a change in bus routine or you need someone added/removed from your child’s safe pick-up list; please contact Beth or Linda in the front office.
Are you signed up for OneCall? KSB uses OneCall to send school information, including our Weekly Wildcat. If not, please contact Beth Baker at firstname.lastname@example.org or 502-897-1583
Our Kentucky Summative Assessment (KSA) testing concluded this week with our high schoolers. Thanks to all of our students for doing their best as they took these tests. A note for families-as these are state assessments, they will be scored externally, and scores are normally released to students in September.
Mental Health Matters 💚
Calm Down Tools
- Take three deep breaths and count to 10.
- Put on music or sing a song.
- Put my hands in my pockets.
- Ask for a hug.
- See how high I can count.
- Blow into my hands.
- Close my eyes and think of a calm place.
- Draw a picture of my feelings.
- Repeat a mantra.
- Write a story about my feelings.
Save on your home internet with the Affordable Connectivity Program
Many Kentucky families qualify for a program aimed at increasing access to internet services for school-age children.
The Affordable Connectivity Program provides enrolled households with up to $30 per month for new or existing internet service and a one-time discount of up to $100 for purchasing a tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
More than 80% of households in Kentucky qualify. Eligibility requirements for households include:
- Students in the household attend a school participating in the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Community Eligibility Program (CEP), in which all students receive free or reduced-price meals;
- The household participates in government assistance such as SNAP, Medicaid or other programs;
- The household income is within 200% of the federal poverty level; or
- Households in which anyone receives a federal Lifeline benefit.
For more information about qualifications, visit the Affordable Connectivity Program “Do I Qualify?" webpage. For more information about the program, visit the KDE Affordable Connectivity Program website.
APH Family Connect
FamilyConnect is a service offered by the American Printing House for the Blind to give parents and other family members of children who are visually impaired-and professionals who work with them-a supportive place for sharing and finding resources on raising their children from birth to adulthood.
Newsletter background shows multicolored floats on rippling clear blue water.