St. Patrick's Day
Global Marketing By: Brandi Hutchinson & Elaha Shadan
History of St. Patrick's Day
St. Patrick's Day & Global Marketing
People all over the US celebrate St. Patrick's Day, especially in large Irish-American communities.
- Parades is the most often event to be held with this held especially in New York, Boston, Philadelphia,New Orleans, and Savannah.
- Drinking is a very popular thing to do on this holiday because a lot of Irish-Americans are Catholic and they are required to fast form drinking, but St. Patrick's Day allows them to break this fast.
- Dying water or beer green is very common activity to do as well. Some bars will serve green dyed beer. Chicago dies its rivers green for festivities and the The White House will die its fountain green.
- Pea planting is a very popular thing to do in the Northeast, largely due to the color green.
St. Patrick's Day is not a holiday that is widely celebrated, but they're some people who still participate in it.
- People would still go by the old tradition, if you don't wear green you'll get pinched.
- Adults would often wear green, cook corn beef with a potato dish, and drink beer.
- A lot of people flock to loads of Pubs in Paris on this holiday.
- People even visit Disneyland in Paris to Celebrate St. Patrick's Day.
Buenos Aires, Argentina has the fifth largest Irish Community in the World.
- People visiting will find St Patrick's Day parade celebrations in the city's Irish Pubs, such as Down Town Matias, Druid Inn, John John and The Kikenny around the Retrio area.
- Instead of parades, you'll fond a 10-block are of Retrio turned into a giant street party, containing music, dancing, and craic.
- Unlike the US and other places you wont find green beer but you will fond dark beer.
- Other public activities public place take place as well in Plaza Irlando in Cabilito. People perform dances in parade celebration and many performances.
Montreal and Toronto are the two cities that have the largest scale of celebrations and parades on St. Patrick's Day.
- People who have an Irish background or enjoy the Irish culture may hold Irish themed parties and serve traditional dishes, such as Colcannon or Irish stew.
- Of course like everyone else they hold an parade that starts on the Sunday closet to March 17th.
- As well drinking some of the traditional Irish drinks, like stout, dark beer, and whiskey.
- In Quebec there was an parade from 1831-to 1926, recently in 2010 the parade returned after its 84 year absence.
While 5.5 million pints of Guinness are consumed on St. Patrick's Day 13 million is consumed.
- They do not wear green they wear shamrocks to show the teaching of holy trinity.
- Pubs are closed down and people go to church.
- They have parades/festivals that go on for 5 days .
- Practicing Christians will attend Church as St Patrick's Holy Day of Obligations.
St. Patrick's Day Product/Service
Product- A fun, festive hat worn to represent the male fairy in Irish folklore.
Price- The price of this hat is from $2.99-$5.99. It's a reasonable price range and is acceptable to everyone.
Promotion- This hat can be easily sold in St. Patrick's Day festivals and parades in stores and stands near them.
Place- This hat is sold in department stores and party stores like Target, Walmart, Party City, Party Depot, etc.
People- The customers of this product will be people that are Irish or people that like the holiday and employees selling this hat will be ones that like working in party related departments or stores.