Quest 1: Synthesis & Tech
Part 2: SAMR & The 4C's
- From the field in 5 with @ElizabethWimer
- God & Growth
- SAMR group activity
- SAMR Kahoot
- Play dough and google slides
God & Growth
Proverbs 1:5 (NIV) "...let the wise listen and add to their learning..."
Pick 1 prompt, think about your response, pair with someone beside you, share your response.
- How does this verse relate to growth mindset?
- How does it relate to you as a future educator?
- How does it relate to you as a student?
- Identify and write down 6 words that describe this video.
- After video chat in small group about your 6 words
- Share in large group
Grit: the power of passion and perseverance | Angela Lee Duckworth
SAMR Model activity walk through
As we watch this video by @jmattmiller and @SenorG, two #eduawesome educators we will be doing an activity in groups where we take an activity of your choice and SAMR it!
- Get into your crews
- In small groups, we will do an example together as a class.
- As we watch our video conversation we will pause and discuss the tool, strategy, and how it fits with each level of SAMR.
Choose a learning activity to put in SAMR model
Complete the SAMR model activity doc in small groups for an activity of your choice (Ex. Assessment, note taking, solving a math problem, etc)
Heads up review
In small groups
- One person stands up and puts the cards on their head
- The team will need to describe the word without saying it
- The person with the card on their head needs to guess the word.
- Your team will have 60 seconds to get you to guess as many cards as possible.
- If you can't guess the word or phrase say skip
- Each team gets one point for each correct phrase guessed.