Week of March 17-21,2014
Information and Reminders
- Please help your child memorize his/her part at home.
- I hope everyone has a Happy St. Patrick's Day
- In the play all students will wear blue jeans and tennis shoes. The girls will need to wear a yellow t-shirt and the boys will need to wear a red t-shirt. Our whole class will sing "Cute Chicks".
Mar. 17- MAP math testing
Mar. 19- end of 3rd nine weeks
Mar. 24- no school for students
Mar. 27- first grade play EIEIOOOOOPS at 6:30 at Wren High School Auditorium
Mar. 27- spring picture day: Report cards go home
Apr. 4- Peace Center field trip
Apr. 14-18 - spring break
Story of the Week: A Butterfly Grows
- sequening events
-reading words with -oo,-ew,-ou with the sound in words (boot, new, you)
- reading and using pronouns and verbs in sentences ( using he,she, it, we and they with is, are, was, were)
There will be a spelling and sight word test on Friday this week.
1. also 2. kind 3. upon 4.anything 5. places
6. warm 7. flower 8. ready 9. fly 10. their
We will continue practicing addition and subtraction to 10 to build speed and accuracy with math facts.The class will also continue working on how to solve addition and subtraction word problems. Students will also be working on time to the hour and half hour. We have also begun to learn about solid shapes (cone, sphere, pyramid, cube, and rectagular prism). The students have begun an introduction to fractions.
Read the story A Butterfly Grows in the Journeys Story Summary Folder
Mon. - practice sheet; spelling words
Tues. - practice sheet:spelling words
Thurs. - practice sheet; spelling words
Fri. - spelling and sight word test; reading response journal is due back