Phoenix Family News
November 13, 2020 - UPDATED
Important Dates Ahead...
- Monday, November 16 and Wednesday, November 18 - Group A In-Person / Group B DL
- Tuesday, November 17 and Thursday, November 19 - Group B In-Person / Group A DL
- Friday, November 20 - NO SCHOOL for VLA or HYBRID
- MAP Testing for Hybrid Students
- November 16 - Math MAP Testing Group A
- November 17 - Math MAP Testing Group B
- Friday, November 20 - VLA Materials pickup, 9:30-11:30 (your child's teacher will let you know if you have something to pickup)
- For updated calendars visit our District Website or District A/B Hybrid Calendar
- November 23 & 24 - NO SCHOOL for Hybrid Students
- December 4 - NO SCHOOL for VLA or Hybrid Students
- December 7 - Hybrid students shift to Distance Learning Model
- For more information about each learning model, visit sowashco.org/fall2020.
Fall Fitness Fundraiser - LAST DAY is TODAY!
To register, visit the Fundraiser Registration Site / School Identifier code: 5d2f3c17caf66
A Note from the Principal - World Kindness Day
Did you know that today is World Kindness Day? We've been practicing kindness all year with our "Be You" theme. Students this month will also take a special pledge against bullying at our school to help promote kindness to each other. In thinking about kindness, we're asking students to think about one random act of kindness they could do at home. You might remember that last spring, we painted rocks, drew pictures and chalk quotes, created cards... there are lots of ways you can promote kindness at home! Talk as a family to see what random act of kindness you'd like to take on. We're looking forward to hearing about the many ways our Valley Crossing community spreads kindness this month!
2020-21 Fall Pictures/Yearbook Submissions
Fall pictures were last week! To preview, personalize and pay online, visit jostenspix.com and enter event code: FE70220
For any family choosing not to participate in school pictures this year, you will still have an opportunity to submit a picture for the Yearbook. Once we know who was not able to participate, we will send those families the Josten's picture parameters and details on how to submit your picture for the yearbook. Thank you!
Ideas for Distance Learning Days
Notes from our School Social Worker
Dr. Gervais is able to offer you or your child(ren) the opportunity to meet with her virtually in 15-minute increments. Dr. Gervais scheduling calendar can be found at https://calendly.com/drgervais/meeting-with-dr-gervais If you should have any questions or resource needs, please contact Dr. Gervais at firstname.lastname@example.org
VCES Mindful Movement Minute - Join Dr. Gervais on Tuesday and Wednesday's at 2:30 pm CST to practice Mindful Movement via YouTube live. You can access live and recorded sessions here: https://youtube.com/channel/UC9bD7gtBubmC0HLLMW-uA1g/live
Resources for Families - District 833 has a website that will link you to a variety of resources from food, mental health, and unemployment and so much more. Bookmark this page for future use: https://www.sowashco.org/about/fall_2020/family_resources
The fall fundraiser ends at midnight tonight! Last chance to register, share, donate and earn prizes!
Thank You! to everyone who has contributed to our fall fundraiser and virtual book fair! The money raised will provide enrichment opportunities for all students at Valley Crossing. Money raised last year has allowed the PTA to build a Gaga pit for recess, add a Buddy Bench to the playground, add ukuleles to music classrooms, gift homeroom teachers books for their classrooms, and donate over $15,000 to Valley for staff to use to enhance learning opportunities for students.
Help us continue to provide these opportunities and more for the future by donating. We appreciate every donation and cannot wait to provide for the amazing families at VCES.
VCES Information Links
- Family Technology Support Line: Fall 2020 website / 651.425.HELP (4357) - M-F 7:30-4:00
- VNN Channel Page - Live each morning at 9:15 am
- VCES Mindful Movement Minute Link - Tuesday & Wednesday at 2:30 pm
- VLA Book Checkout Procedures/future book checkout dates
VCES Contact Information
Connha Classon, Principal: email@example.com / 651.425.7503
Kristine McDonald, Assistant Principal: firstname.lastname@example.org / 651.425.7523
Merita LaPlante, Office Coordinator: email@example.com / 651.425.7501
Jen Gackstetter, Office Assistant: firstname.lastname@example.org / 651.425.7507Jen Gervais, Social Worker: email@example.com / 651.425.7605