Tales of Wales
A report of the lost village of Wales.
Date of Establishment
In 1783 Dr. James Stuart came to establish the town of Wales. He had been given a 500 acre land grant. He chose to sell of lots and begin a town. The town was known as Dickinson's Landing Station. It was called that because they had a train station and Dickinson's Landing, just down the road didn't. In 1860 Prince Edward of Wales came to visit. In his honour they applied for a post office and named the town Wales
Businesses of Wales
The town of Wales was a happening place at one time. The town had five general stores, a bakery, and a jewelry store. They also had a big three story hotel called Connelly's Hotel. Wales was a big farming community so L.G. Wert built the town a grist mill, egg grading station, and hatchery.
Mr. Smith was important person in the relocation of Wales because he rebuilt the grist mill, egg grading station and hatchey outside of Ingelside.
This road probably brought many people into the village of Wales.
Wales post office was opened in 1860.
Save Our Homes
The seaway project affected the people of Wales deeply and caused fights and arguments between neighbours.