These the are causes and effects of increasing landfill sizes. When land fill sizes increase deforestation get worse. It causes a habitat destruction which is highly unsafe for animals. Then animals have to move to another place affecting the other food tree or die. If the species moves to another habitat it may be considered an invasive species. Invasive species often take away food from native species and have no natural predators so they thrive at the expense of native species. They may also overeat prey and cause population decrease of native species. They can also damage the community by causing a native species that is a necessary food source to other species to go extinct or become endangered.
- a glass bottle can a take up to 1 million years to decompose
- aluminum cans can be recycled and made into a different kind of aluminum.
- The average person generates 4.4 pounds of waste a day.
- The average person recycles and composts only 1.4 pounds a day.
- the biggest lan fill in the world is from puenta hills. 500 feet high, 700 acres, and currently holding 3.7 million tons.
Other ways to preserve our world
- Reduce the amount of materials used (paper towls, napkins, plastic bags, etc...)
- Volunteer in the community around you to clean the ecosystem.
- Buy reusable water bottles.
- Look for environmentally friendly products.