ELA Curriculum Review Week Pre-work
Getting ready for June...
- Discuss issues and challenges in implementing ELA Common Core
- Enhance our curriculum guides by breaking down the standards into more meaningful "chunks" or "units"
- Make sure that all ELA teachers understand the standards at a high level
- Create assessments that truly measure students' understanding of the ELA CCSS
Anchoring Our Work with the Anchor Standards
In your grade level, which areas do you feel like you've focused on more than others?
Which ones have you not focused on as heavily?
Sequencing & Implementing the ELA CC Standards is kind of like...
Capture as a grade level.
Share out with the whole group.
Enhancing our Sequencing/"Year At-A-Glance" Documents
Key Skills for Learning ELA Content in Your Grade Level
Type on a Word document and save on your flash drive in the 2013-14 folder.
Give Kim the flash drive before lunch!
Continue work with non-negotiable skills...Vertical planning time!
- Give your key skills/non-negotiables list to the previous grade level for feedback.
- Read & provide feedback, then pass back to the original group.
- Give your key skills/non-negotiables to the grade level that follows you.
- Finalize document.
- What do we have?
- What do we need?
- Where is there overlap?
- Training of Trainers process for CRW
- What additional resources are needed?
- Time to "clean up" som