Team News 8.19
Daring Greatly in Faith, Academics, & Service for SMCS
Here we go week 2!!
Thank you all for an incredible first week. See below for links to our school information and reminders for the week.
Remember this week is still about community building and teaching procedures! Remember as we gear up for the Feast of St. Monica on Aug. 27 to teach your students about our patroness, our school identity and mission statement (the crest! memorize the mission statement).
Reminders and Updates
- Please start picking up students at 7:45AM in cafeteria to alleviate conjestion.
- Prayer is at 7:30AM.
- Trash to Cafeteria by 3PM.
- Send at least one picture to me via text each week of something from your classroom.
- If you'd like....Send me your gratitude each week by Sunday via text or email and I will include in our newsletter. See bottom of newsletter.
Building a Classroom Community
Professional Development: School Safety
Friday, Aug. 23rd, 12:30pm
School Schedules: Duty, Classroom and Contact Information
This Week's Scheduled Interruptions/Off Campus/Subbing
Time off begins after the first two weeks of school (minus any emergencies or critical medical appointments).
Tuesday: Off Campus for Title Funding Meeting, 1PM, Ms. Salazar and Ms. Cortez, Mrs. Ortiz is in Charge
12PM: KInder to 2nd Grade
12:15PM: 3rd to 8th Grade
If you're not on here, I don't have it in Paylocity or Email. Please let me know ASAP.
This week's leaders: 8th Grade
Please always confirm readers and begin practicing with them by Tuesday. Please email your assignments to Ms. Cortez and Ms. Salazar by Wednesday.
Aug. 14: Mrs. MollyThis Thursday, Aug. 22: Mrs. Cortez
Gratitude from the past week
- Every single one of you for making our opening events possible from getting food, to decorating, to welcoming our families, to setting up your classrooms and our school. Wow. We are blessed with an amazing team.
- Mr. Victor for moving everything in the school to get our clutter out.
- PreKinder, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th for your patience with the AC and quick adaption in your temporary room. AC Company is still getting the parts.
- Ms. Mechtel, Ms. Bazany and Ms. Ortiz for your yes to mentorship with our new teachers.
- Goodwill for taking out a bunch of the cafeteria stuff. It didn't all fit in the truck.
- All of you for those random acts of kindness and St. Therese-doing small things with BIG love---moments that go unnoticed publicly, but keep our community thriving and remind us that God is good (i.e. cleaning the lounge when we leave things, staying behind the end of an event to help clean, washing dishes left behind, jumping in to do someone's duty when life happens, etc.)
I know I have forgotten a thousand other things to be grateful for this past week--there's so much. I thank you all for daring greatly in faith, academics, and service. Keep roaring, dragons!