Talbot County Public Schools
Superintendent's Update | June 10, 2022 | #39
June 15: Board of Education Meeting
June 19: Father's Day
June 19: Juneteenth
August 10: Fall Sports Begin
August 29: First Day of School!
HAPPY LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!
TCPS Will Offer the Blended Virtual Program for the 2022-23 School Year- Applications DUE JUNE 15th
TCPS will continue to offer the Blended Virtual Program for the 2022-2023 school year. Please contact your school counselor for more information. Secondary applications are due June 5 and elementary applications are due June 15.
Chesapeake Children's Book Festival June 11th
SAMANTHA TOWNSEND EARNS NJHS OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT AWARD!
We’re proud to announce that Samantha Townsend, EMS 8th grade, has been selected as a National Junior Honor Society Outstanding Achievement Award recipient. Samantha is one of 500 students nationwide who will receive $500 in a 529 college savings account to be applied toward her higher education. Recipients are chosen based on their demonstrated work to support the five pillars of NJHS: scholarship, service, leadership, character, and citizenship. Join us in congratulating Samantha and her accomplishments!
TALBOT GOES PURPLE POSTER CONTEST WINNERS ANNOUNCED!
CONGRATULATIONS to our students whose posters were selected as winners in the Talbot Goes Purple Poster Contest! Students were asked to describe in a word collage, drawing(s), photograph (s) or digital design how being alcohol free can help you reach your hopes goals and dreams in life. 1st Prize won $200 gift cards; 2nd prize won $100 gift cards.
1st place - Jack Taylor
2nd place - Madeline Principe
1st place: Elena Szwaja
2nd place: Kayla Simpkins
1st place - Bella Simmons
2nd place - Yeva Willey
Summer Learning Opportunity for current students in grades 6, 7, and 8!
TCPS is excited to partner with Dorchester and Caroline County Schools this summer to offer 9 career exploration programs for current students in grades 6, 7, and 8. Students will have the opportunity to learn more about Cybersecurity, Robotics, Media Arts, Database Design, Presentation Design, Animation and Chess. Transportation will be provided. Please contact your school counselor for more information.
SPACE IS LIMITED. Please register using the following link:https://forms.gle/XE3znGzSa5ov3p3w9
New Student Registration
Policies Under Review
The Board of Education is reviewing the following policies. Policies are listed in the meeting agenda and the policy discussion can be viewed in the recording of the meeting live stream. To provide feedback please use the form linked below.
Policy 10.20 Student DisciplinePolicy10.2 Student Attendance
TCPS IS HIRING!
Do You Need Help with Your Water Bill?
- Apply online - https://mymdthink.maryland.gov
- Download a paper application from the same website. Completed applications may be dropped off, mailed, faxed or emailed to:
- Talbot County Department of Social Services, 301 Bay Street, Unit 5, Easton, MD 21601 (we have an outdoor dropbox that is accessible 24/7)
- Fax: 410-820-7117
- Email: email@example.com
- Call 410-770-4848, select option 4, for more information or to schedule an appointment
- Walk-in to TCDSS at the address above, Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
TCPS COVID UPDATES
LATEST TALBOT COUNTY COVID INFORMATION
The Health Department is changing COVID testing locations to 102 Marlboro Ave. Easton MD Monday through Friday starting May 2nd . You can call 410-819-5632 or visit https://portal.ciandx.com/portal to make an appointment. More information coming regarding new location and change in hours.
- The health department’s rapid at-home covid tests are available through the Talbot County Free Library.
- COVID testing site at UM Shore Medical Pavilion, 500 Cadmus Lane Easton MD 21601 is CLOSED
- Local pharmacies are testing for COVID and have at-home covid tests in stock.
- **When taking at-home covid tests, you can report your results here**
- What: Pfizer, Moderna, and J&J COVID-19 Vaccine
- Where: Talbot County Vaccine Center, 102 Marlboro Ave Easton MD - Call 410-819-5641 for questions or make an appointment at https://bit.ly/3BdZ40G
- When: Monday through Friday, walk-ins welcome, no appointment required
- Who: Anyone 5 years and older
- Second boosters are now available for those over 50 years old and those who are immunocompromised and 12 years and older.
- Who is considered immunocompromised to be eligible for their second COVID booster? Find out here
This link has a list of types of treatment of available for those who do test positive for COVID
Food Pantry Information:
https://talbotcovid19.org/food-resources/ has compiled information regarding food resources across Talbot County.
Bullying and cyberbullying, harassment and intimidation, hazing, and/or bias behaviors are unsafe behaviors that do not reflect respect for others as defined by Policy 10.16 on STUDENT CONDUCT – BULLYING, HARASSMENT OR INTIMIDATION . If a student is a target of one of these behaviors, you can report it using the Bullying, Harassment, or Intimidation Reporting Form (linked below).
The form is also available at all schools, in the main office and the school’s counseling office. Students can also report issues directly to a staff member. When a situation that involves any of these behaviors is reported, staff members will respond quickly and will provide a practical, private, and safe place to report.