ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT - Week of October 1, 2023
ATHLETE OF THE MONTH - SEPTEMBER
Congratulations to the following September Athletes of the Month!
CHEER – Ava Estrada
FOOTBALL – Noah Holliday
FIELD HOCKEY – Jenna Gray
GIRLS TENNIS – Camille More
GIRLS SOCCER – Abby Mathis
BOYS SOCCER – Andres Garces
GIRLS CROSS COUNTRY - Kiki Schlemo
BOYS CROSS COUNTRY - Aaron Wagner
GIRLS VOLLEYBALL - Averie Harding
BOYS AND GIRLS CROSS COUNTRY
The Boys Cross Country Team beat Ceder Creek this week to end the season 6-4. The girls finished the season 4-5.
Championship Season starts next week with the County Championships at Hammonton High School on Thursday 10/12.
Lots of pride at the EHTPride Festival with a 5-0 victory over visiting Cumberland Regional on Saturday. Senior captain Gabriella Piantadosi scored her second career hat trick while sophomore stand out Brielle VonColln netted two herself. The girls then suffered a tough 2-0 defeat to an undefeated Ocean City team on Monday. Senior captain Angelina Horin and junior Ava Kraybill played lights out in defense to slow down the potent OC forwards. The girls then traveled to Middle Township who they beat 2-0 earlier this season and battled to a 0-0 tie. Middle packed it in defensively, and try as they might through two halves and two 10-minute over times, could not break down the stout Middle Township defense. Sophomore center midfielder Abby Mathis was named EHT Girls' Soccer Athlete of the Month with her 3 goals, one of which was the game winner versus Mainland to open the season, 5 assists, and outstanding defensive play. Senior Night Friday 10/6 at 5:30pm in the stadium! Come support the class of 2024 girls!
Jenna Gray - 50th career goal!
On Monday the boys Battled the Red Raiders of Ocean City at Silver Eagle Stadium. The Eagles took an early lead only to fall 2-1 after an epic 80 minute battle. Senior Matty "Ice" Sanchez had the Eagles' only goal.
The boys bounced back at home on Wednesday with a dominating 7 nil victory over the Red Hawks of ACIT. Goal scorers were: Ryan Evenson, Kelvin Murray, Dennis Lamond, Jake Karp, Sam Hornikel and Yefferson Cardona (2). Keeper Jonathan Alicea had 3 saves for the shutout.
EHT travels to Vineland on Friday for a CAL showdown.
10/7 - 12:00 PM - AWAY - at Oakcrest HS
10/14 - 1:00 PM - AWAY - at Vineland HS
10/20 - 6:00 PM - HOME - vs Mainland HS
MIDDLE SCHOOL FALL SPORTS:
ALDER GIRLS CROSS COUNTRY
Alder girls cross country did awesome yesterday at Upper Township! We won against the girls.
REGISTERING FOR A SPORT:
Everything you need (and more) regarding EHT Athletics may be found at EHTNJAthletics.com - Schedules, Contact Information, Forms, etc.
- Please review the appropriate registration dates for your interested season found on the registration page. Registration for WINTER sports for the HIGH SCHOOL is now OPEN. Registration deadline is 11/15/23.
- High School winter sports include: Winter Cheer, Boys Basketball, Girls Basketball, Swimming, Wrestling, Boys Winter Track, Girls Winter Track. For Sport Specific questions/information, including practice schedules, tryouts, off season opportunities, etc. Please contact the head coach of your interested sport.
- Registration for Middle School winter sports will open on Oct 1st. Registration deadline is 11/30/23.
- Middle School winter sports include boys basketball, girls basketball and wrestling
- All registrations for EHT Athletic programs must be completed online through the Family ID Program.
- You do not need a physical to register, but must have an exam uploaded seven days prior to your first tryout. *** THIS STEP CAN TAKE UP TO 7 DAYS TO COMPLETE - DEPENDING ON MEDICAL STAFF AVAILABILITY TO REVIEW DOCUMENTS - YOU MUST HAVE AN APPROVED EXAM TO PARTICIPATE IN PRACTICES AND/OR TRYOUTS***
- Physicals are valid for one year. For winter sports, physicals dated on 12/1/22 or later are valid. If the physical was done prior to these dates, you must obtain a new physical
- All Exams must be submitted digitally though your online registration. Click here for the physical form: https://ehtnjathletics.com/main/filesLinks/
- No hard copies, emails or faxes will be accepted.
- Re-Cert packets and COVID Forms are now part of the registration question/process. No hard copies needed.
- For Help on uploading your exam – Click here
NJSIAA: For the most up to date information from the New Jersey Interscholastic Athletic Association (NJSIAA) visit their website at https://www.njsiaa.org/
NCAA: Thinking about participating in athletics after high school? Then visit the following link from the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) to prepare: https://www.ncaa.org/student-athletes/future