New Instructional Tools
Shannon Minton 2-9-16
Smore - online flyer
Ways I could use this:
- Share a variety of online resources as opposed to the typical slide presentation.
- Use as a single presentation.
For the classroom:
- Students could use this to present their research instead of using PowerPoint, Google Slides, or Prezi.
- Teachers could provide students with resources for a specific project.
Applying Marzano to Google
Providing clear learning goals and scales.
Tracking student progress
Identifying critical information
Organizing students to interact with new knowledge
Helping students record and represent knowledge
Helping students reflect on their learning
Helping student examine similarities and differences
Helping students practice skill, strategies, and processes.
Helping students revise knowledge
Providing resources and guidance
- Using academic games
Goobric & Doctopus
- Works (only) alongside the Doctopus Add-on for Google Sheets. - Popup reminder that a rubric is linked to the assignment whenever the document is opened. - Teacher can elect to enable peer and self-assessment mode via Doctopus, allowing any student with view rights on the doc to submit comments and rubric scores. - Student authors of doc can see full self/peer assessment history. - Teacher gets link to Goobric Web App for teachers.
Doctopus is an add-on for Google Sheets that works with Goobric.
Doctopus gives teachers the ability to mass-copy (from a starter template), share, monitor student progress, and manage grading and feedback for student projects in Google Drive.he Goobric Chrome extension works alongside Doctopus to enable rubric-based grading of Google Docs right in a browser popup window using the rubric of your design. Once a rubric score is submitted, Goobric auto-records scores in your spreadsheet and automatically provides students instant rubric scores and comments via email. Heck, if it's a Google Document, Goobric even pastes the filled out rubric into the bottom of the Doc.
No longer do you have to take stacks of papers home!!
I'm still learning more about these and hope to share them with teachers that assign essays, reports, and research papers.
"There's also an app for that!"