The Mangus Messenger
Fall Classroom Celebration
Fall Costume Guidelines
- No weapons or props
- No blood
- No gore
- No offensive outfits (i.e. if it causes a problem for you or someone else, you may not wear it)
- If the costume is disruptive to the classroom environment, the student may be asked to take it off.
Pumpkins on Parade
The ARPS Fall Festival is right around the corner…Oct. 24th! It will be a day full of fun, friends, and school spirit! Not to mention, the 2nd Annual Pumpkins on Parade will be here.
Our class will read 3-4 picture books and then choose one for our class pumpkin on parade. We will ask a creative parent to carve/decorate a pumpkin to match either a specific character, or the setting, from the book.
What we need:
- A parent to donate a pumpkin for carving.
- A parent to decorate or carve the pumpkin by Friday, Oct 23rd (the day before the festival).
- The pumpkin can be created in the classroom (with the students) OR it can be completed at home (then brought in to show the students). There are no limits and creativity is encouraged (props or no props, carving or painting).
- The pumpkins must be ready for display by Friday, Oct 23rd at 2:15 pm.
On Saturday, Oct 24th, during the Fall Festival, families will come in and tour the Pumpkins on Parade. This is always a great way to combine Fall Fun and Literacy!
Let me know if you would like to donate the pumpkin and/or decorate/carve for us. Thank you!
Questions to Ask
- Tell me about the theme of The 6th Grade Nickname Game by Gordon Korman.
- Describe the writing process and the 3 steps that are important to repeat several times.
- Show me how you use the Distributive Property when creating equivalent expressions.
- Tell me about the Lime Water Experiment and how you knew a reaction had happened. Compare the reaction from the air pump vs. the reaction from blowing air into the bottle of lime water.
- Mon, 10/12 - Dress Like a Book Character Day
- Mon, 10/12 - Class Book Fair Preview Day
- Conferences 10/13, 10/14, and 10/15
- Wed, 10/14 - Family Night Dinner at Miner's Tavern in Old Town (I'm sorry I cannot join you due to conferences)
- No School on Friday, 10/16
- Thurs, 10/29 - Classroom Fall Celebration Party from 2:00 - 3:00 pm