A newsletter for Alta Vista Staff~Week of November 5, 2018
Don't Forget! Next Week's Calendar
- Parent Involvement Meetings on Monday, November 5 at 8:00 am and 5:30 pm
- Spinal Screenings (Gr 5) on Tuesday and Wednesday, November 6-7
- Region 12 Science Planning (Gr 3-5) on Tuesday, November 6 in Conference Room
- Faculty Meeting on Wednesday, November 7 **SLO Workshop-Bring laptop!**
- Behavior PLCs on Thursday, November 8
- Twitter Chat with Mrs. Helton on Thursday, November 8 at 8:00 pm #wacoisd (Awesome prizes for staff that participate!)
- Report Card grades due on Friday, November 9
Coming Up: RtI Update with Helton on 11/12; Thanksgiving Lunch on 11/16
From Your Captain
Our attendance is low for student compared to other campuses across the district. Please remember to greet students warmly when they return, help them get caught up on missing assignments, and communicate with parents as needed. Please let Ms. Cuevas know about ongoing attendance issues.
Keep building those great classroom connections and designing engaging learning experiences. We are seeing lots of amazing things happening in classrooms. It's those classroom experiences that make students want to come to school, even when they are feeling bad.
- Be Safe
- Be Respectful
- Be Responsible
- Be Ready to Learn
When students are not following school expectations, direct them back to these 4 agreements and have them identify the agreement they are not following and ask how they are going to fix it.
Staff Members of the Week!
Congratulations Mrs. Maynard for being our Staff Member of the Week. She organized an amazing Red Ribbon Week and works tirelessly to make sure our students are receiving the services that they need.
Email Mrs. Helton to reserve the cart for November.
RESOURCE OF THE WEEK
Ed Tech Resource
House Party Awards
The next House Party will be on Tuesday, November 27. You will be meeting with the other classes from your entire house.
Thanksgiving Lunch Schedule
We still need a few more sponsors for the following teams:
- Chess (Gr 2)
- Number Sense (Gr 4-5)
We already have a LONG list of interested students...we just need sponsors. Email Mrs. Helton if you are interested!