RMS Weekly Event Calendar
August 29 - September 2
What's going on this week!
We also head into September this week. September is "Attendance Awareness Month" and we will be focusing on student attendance. Talking about attendance helps students focus on decisions that will impact their future success both in and out of the classroom. Please make sure to share the lessons that been planned for your mentoring time with your students and continue to encourage them about the importance of excellent school attendance.
We are very excited about our magazine/tumbler fundraiser. The proceeds of this fundraiser will be used to continue to upgrade and support technology in our building as well as purchase needed supplies for instruction and learning. I hope you will encourage students to work hard and sell as many items as possible to help our school.
One last thing....I ask you to read the quote above. As educators, we should never be satisfied with where we are but rather, look towards where we want to go. Although the road often seems long, difficult, and slow at times, if we are continuing to move towards the goal, we are making progress! We can't stay where we are and expect to reach our goals. Each day should be filled with intentional steps to help our students reach their academic and personal goals and we should be closer to reaching those goals today that we were yesterday!
Have a productive and fabulous week!
Students in Mrs. Townley's class are engaged in working together to solve a math problem.
Moving and Learning
Mrs. Sewell's students are reviewing types of sentences though a game that required them to actively move about the classroom and get out of their seats! They were having a great time learning with this fun and engaging activity.
Warm and Cool Colors
Students in Mrs. Meeks class are enjoying the opportunity for creativity as they work on their own personal designs involving warm and cool colors.
Moving and Learning
Monday, August 29
- Student Mentoring Survey - 7th Period - As we begin our new mentoring program at RMS, we will be conducting a pre- and post- student mentoring survey to gauge the effectiveness of our mentoring program. We will be administering the pre-assessment today during your mentoring time. Mrs. Lockett will get the survey to you prior to 7th period. Please make sure students do NOT put their names on the survey.
- Strategic Plan Focus Group Meeting - We will have a focus group meeting immediately after school. We will announce the location of the meeting in the afternoon announcements.
- RMS Football vs. Deshler Middle School - Away - 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday, August 30
- No known activities
Wednesday, August 31
- Snack Kick-Off - 7th period - Our plan is to kick off our new snack program. Mrs. Warhurst will be getting information to you so please check your email.
- Student Council Meeting - Ms. Pruitt's classroom during mentoring time in 7th period - This meeting will be for students who are interested in running for a student council office.
- Educate Alabama Training - Mrs. Warhurst will be conducting an Educate Alabama training for teachers who are unfamiliar with how Educate Alabama works and how to begin the evaluation process. Please attend this training session if you need help in navigating the waters of Educate Alabama. Remember.....your self-assessment is due on September 15.
Thursday, September 1
- Attendance Awareness Month Begins - We will begin celebrating a month long of activities centered around school attendance. Mrs. Lockett has put together a great plan for promoting excellent school attendance. Please take advantage of your mentoring time to talk with our students about the importance of excellent school attendance!
- RMS Fundraiser Turn-in - 1st Period - We will be taking up money, order forms, and address booklets during 1st period.
- RMS Volleyball vs. Deshler Middle School - Away - 7th Grade @ 4:30 p.m. & 8th Grade @ 5:30 p.m.
Friday, September 2
- RHS Football vs. Lee - Home - 7:00 p.m.