A Peek at the Week
Mrs. Leitzel's Class, 3-16-15
We've done it again! Our class will be keeping the K-2 MIRM trophy this week for reading the most minutes last week! I'm so proud of my bookaneers! Keep reading, and remember to turn in at least 1 reading ticket by Friday.
- Word Study: Words Their Way, & weekly word study routine
- Popcorn Words: follow, yesterday, sore, built, clear
- Writer's Workshop: revise and edit book review drafts for catchy leads, strong endings, and comparisons.
- Read Aloud: wondering about nonfiction
- Reader's Workshop: nonfiction book clubs clubs; compare and summarize information
- Math Workshop: model subtraction with money; word problems with addition and subtraction; equations with greater numbers; buy and sell with one dollar
- Science: dissolving sugar with water
Number Pieces: Download this free app so your child can make proof drawings when solving addition and subtraction problems.
- Wednesday: library books due
- Friday: word study & popcorn test, word study homework due
- Look for math homework this week! Thank you for your supporting the methods we are using in class!