Genetically Modified Food/Organism
- environmental protection
- more nutritious foods
- better texture, flavor and nutritional value
- longer shelf life
- sustainable way to feed the world
- decreased antibiotic efficacy
- gene transfer
- not precise or predictable
- unintended harm to other organisms
- increased use of pesticides
Should they be labeled?
Genetically Modified Foods. UC Santa Cruz, 2005. Web. 10 Mar. 2015. <https://classes.soe.ucsc.edu/cmpe080e/Spring05/projects/gmo/benefits.htm>.
GMO Awareness. GMO-Awareness, 2014. Web. 10 Mar. 2015. <http://gmo-awareness.com/all-about-gmos/gmo-risks/>.
Livestrong. Demand Media, 2015. Web. 10 Mar. 2015. <http://www.livestrong.com/article/213053-pros-cons-of-gmo-foods/>.