Back to School Letter
Message from the Principal
Dear Middle School Student and Parent(s)/Guardian(s):
I hope that even during the COVID-19 pandemic, you are enjoying a summer filled with relaxation, outdoor activities, and quality time spent with your family. As a reminder to students, please remember to complete your summer reading for the start of the school year!
I am writing this letter to provide all of you with key dates, documents, and other important information necessary to open the 2020/2021 school year. On various links below and via our middle school website you can access all of the important documentation. We are excited to welcome the 7th grade class to the middle school, as well as our returning 8th graders.
Throughout the course of the year we will post all relevant information on either the Masco web page or in our PowerSchool portal: masco.powerschool.com, as well as via email. We also encourage you to check out the Middle School Principal’s Blog to see what’s new and exciting with our students and teachers, as well as academic and extracurricular highlights throughout the year.
School starts for all students on Monday, September 21 in a remote teaching/learning environment. The School Committee will reevaluate this plan at their meeting on October 7 to determine if we can pivot to a hybrid learning environment. If you have not done so already, please read Masconomet’s Reopening Plan.
Emergency Cards will be mailed to your home. Please be sure to update any changes to your email addresses on the emergency card and mail the updated card back to the school in the envelope included. For 8th grade students -- only return the card if you have updates or changes. If your email address changes during the school year, please notify our Registrar, Suzanne Olia, at firstname.lastname@example.org in the main office.
Key Fall Dates: Please refer to the website calendar for a full-year calendar or any updates.
Please read the information below and click on the links provided being sure to sign off/opt out where prompted.
Required Sign offs. Please click here to complete the sign off for the following.
Opt Out Sign Offs (optional). Click the links below and complete the form(s) if you would like to opt out of any of the following:
- 7th Grade Only - Screening, Brief Intervention and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT) screening (if opting out, click to complete the survey). For more information on the screening please review this letter from our school nurse. For specific information about the screening tool, please visit this link.
- Youth Risk Behavior Screening (if opting out, click to complete the survey). For more information on the screening, please review the letter from the district.
- Media Release (if opting out, click here to complete the survey). Complete if you do not wish that Masconomet Regional Middle School to use your child’s name, photo, video or any other student data, in publishing honor rolls, awards lists, athletic contests, graduation programs, etc. during the 2020-2021 school year).
Information: We recognize that your time is valuable so we have included specific links to areas of interest. Please click the link for more information on the topics below.
· Bus Route Information - Bus numbers and routes are available in PowerSchool and on the website
· Middle School Art Classes - Please click here for a recommended list of supplies to have available at home for the 2020-2021 school year
· Tri-Town Council - Check out their exciting plans for this year!
If you have any questions in advance of the upcoming school year, please feel free to contact me. Enjoy the remainder of your summer, and we look forward to starting school soon.
Philip B. McManus, Ed.D.