November 4, 2019
Reminder: No school Friday, November 8th for students K-12
Remember to Vote!
* The polls are open tomorrow from 6:30 AM to 7:30 PM. Here is a list of the polling locations in Ottawa County. https://www.co.ottawa.oh.us/index.php/board-of-elections/voters/polling-locations/
* Remember the need for this 3.9 Mill Property Tax is due to the 73% devaluation of Davis-Besse Nuclear Power Plant in 2018. B-C-S lost about 25% of its operating budget due to this devaluation!
* The cost of this property tax is $136 per year on a home with a market value of $100,000.
* The passage of this levy would mean bringing back busing to last year's levels and bringing back Acorn Alley in January 2020, and other positive changes.
Thank you for your support.
One School, one town, one family!
Click the picture below to play video!
A special thank you to our Rocket Alumni, Oscar Garcia Jr. for producing this awesome video!
Levy News + Fact Sheets
Attached is an advance copy of an important letter that will be mailed to every household in the Benton-Carroll-Salem School District in the coming days regarding our Nov. 5 property tax levy.
FB LIVE regarding upcoming Levy
B-C-S would remain one of the lowest taxed school districts in the area even with passage of Nov. 5th levy.
B-C-S Fact Sheet #1
B-C-S FACT SHEET #2
The General Election will be held on Tuesday, November 5th, 2019. The polls will be open from 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. for voting at your polling location.
Looking to view your students meal account activity?
To add money to, or otherwise access (check balances, etc) your child's school lunch account, you can go to this link below:
To access this in the future, you can go to the B-C-S Website (www.bcssd.com) under the Parents Tab.
Everyone has to register if you have not logged in. If you need help with registering please call us.
B-C-S Food Service Department.
Victoria Coffman: email@example.com
419-898-6216, Ext. 2210
District Calendar for B-C-S Local School District for the 2019-2020 School Year!
What's Going On At RC Waters Elementary?
RC Waters celebrate Socktober!
Coloring Contest Winners!
These lucky students were the winners of the Apple Fest Croghan Bank coloring contest.
Happy 50th Day of school!
Kindergarten and first grade students celebrated the 50th day of school! Students listened to 50’s music at a sock hop, tried blowing bubble gum bubbles, drank root beer floats, and had a hula hoop contest.
What's Going On At Oak Harbor Middle School?
OHMS Celebrates Veterans Day
Academic Challenge News
6th Grade Academic Challenge takes 3rd Place! Congratulations students!
7th Grade Academic Challenge takes 2nd Place!
WHATS GOING ON AT OAK HARBOR HIGH SCHOOL?
2nd Annual Season in REview Concert
Join the OHHS Thespians as we present CLUE
On a dark and stormy night, six unique guests, plus a butler and a maid, assemble for a dinner party at the home of Mr. Boddy. When their host turns up dead, it is clear that no one is safe! Soon the guests are racing to find the killer and keep the body count from stacking up. Based on the popular board game and adapted from the cult classic film, Clue is the comedy whodunit that will keep you guessing (and laughing) to the very end.
Join the OHHS Thespians Nov. 15-17 as we present CLUE. Show times are Friday at 7:30; a special Saturday matinee at 1:00, and a Sunday matinee at 2:00. Tickets, $8.00 for adults and $6.00 for students and seniors, are available at the door or from any cast member.
Whodunnit? You'll have to wait and see!
Friday Night Football
Karbor Krazies cheering on their Rockets!!
Firelands Challenge News
Congratulations to OHHS Academic Challenge winning Firelands Challenge on November 1st!
Date change! The Academic Challenge episode on WNWO will now air on NOVEMBER 17! Be sure to tune in!
Academic Challenge News
Congrats to our 8th grade Ottawa County Academic Challenge Champs! Way yo go Rockets!
Just another day in Mrs. Swint's physics class! Lesson? Projectile motion determining exit velocity!
One school, one town, one family!
Attention Seniors - Note important yearbook dates!
WHATS GOING ON AT PENTA?
PENTA Senior Spotlight
Mandatory OHSAA Winter meeting
Come cheer on the undefeated Rockets as they take on The Beachwood Bison on Saturday, November 9th at 7:00 at Rocket Stadium in the OHSAA Football Division V playoffs.
Lady Rocket Soccer news!
Lady Rockets Soccer win in sudden victory over Celina!
Div II Girls Soccer Regional Runner-up
Congratulations to the Lady Rockets Div II Girls Soccer Regional
Runner-up. Great Run Rockets!
ROCKET SPORTS HIGHLIGHTS:
- Congratulations to the 2019 District 6 honors: 2nd Team: Grace Wolf, 3rd Team: Olivia Rahm, Honorable Menton: Reagan Schultz
- Congrats to our football players that received All SBC 1st Team - Jac Alexander QB/DB, Clay Schulte RB/LB, Gabe Dowling T/DT, Will Dowling G, Tyler May WR, Jordan Arnold DL, Colin Fauver DB.
- Congrats to our football players who received 2nd Team All SBC - Ryan Ridener LB/HB, Buddy Nuhfer WR, Parker Smith T, Will Dowling DL, Tyler May DB.
- Congrats to our football players named Honorable Mention All SBC - Reece Laughlin G, Ashton Schroeder LB
- Congratulations to Clay Schulte for being named the Player of the Year in the SBC Bay Division for the second year in a row!
- Proud of our seniors for leading us to the SBC Bay Division Championship! 10-0!
- Final score from Clyde and the Regional final girls soccer game Oak Harbor 1 Mansfield Madison 10
- The Final score from Port Clinton Oak Harbor Rocket 48 Port Clinton 8 With the win the Rockets go 10-0 and back to back Sandusky Bay Conference Champions.
BENTON-CARROLL-SALEM LOCAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
WEEKLY SPORTS AND SCHOOL CALENDAR
WEEK OF 11/4/19
Tuesday, November 5
5:00 PM H MS ~ Swim/Dive - SCCS - Home
8:00 PM Special Board Meeting ~ @ Hartford House located at 200 W. Water St., Oak Harbor
Wednesday, November 6
7:00 PM Winter Sports Parent/Athlete meeting
Thursday, November 7
3:15 PM K-12 Parent-Teacher Conferences
5:00 PM H MS ~ Swim/Dive - Perkins - Home
7:30 PM HS ~ Marching Band End-of-Season Concert
Friday, November 8
8:00 AM NO SCHOOL ~ K-12 Parent-Teacher Conferences
Saturday, November 9
Nancy Leaser Cheerleading Invitational
B-C-S Alum Highlight Nominations needed!
The Benton-Carroll-Salem School District wishes to highlight the accomplishments of its graduates who reside in our area, the nation, and the world!
The B-C-S Alum Highlight will be featured in the Sampler and in other media throughout our area. We know that Rocket Pride is strong, and so are the accomplishments and contributions of B-C-S alumni.
We look forward to recognizing and honoring the extraordinary individuals who are graduates of Oak Harbor High School.
The school district was founded on July 1, 1967 due to the consolidation of the Benton Township School District, the Carroll Township School District, and the Salem-Oak Harbor School District.Benton-Carroll-Salem Local School District, home of the Oak Harbor Rockets, serves 1700 students on three campuses: R.C. Waters Elementary School (Grades K--3), Oak Harbor Middle School (Grades 4--7), and Oak Harbor High School (Grades 8--12). The district is committed to serving the needs of all students to prepare them for the challenges of citizenship, the workforce, and life long learning.