Cancer is closer than you think!
- Every year, 7.6 million people die from cancer, and 4 million of these people are ages 30-69.
- This year about 564,800 Americans are expected to die of cancer—more than 1,500 people a day. Cancer is the second leading cause of death in the US, exceeded only by heart disease. One of every four deaths in the US is from cancer. Since 1990, there have been approximately 5 million cancer deaths (Gloria Rosen).
Types of Cancer and their Influences
- There are several different types of cancer and each has its own twisted touch
- Lung cancer is very painful and often effects the elderly or those who have smoked. Imagine watching your parents suffer for months before an almost unavoidable death. My Grandfather, Great grandmother, cousin, and my step grandfather have all died from this cancer
- Thyroid cancer is infamous for being mostly genetic and often symptoms show on those infected when they are less than 40. My Uncle on my dads side has developed this cancer and he is only 39. My sister and I also have a high chance of the cancer developing
- Breast cancer is among the most common of cancers. Affecting mostly women, it causes the breasts to painfully swell and often results in women having multiple surgeries to purge their cancer. There has even been isolated reports of what started as initially breast cancer turned into multiple tumors throughout the whole torso.
- Brain cancer is almost certainly the most deadly. It has the highest death rate of all cancers and is incredibly difficult to treat. In fact, once the patient has reached stage 3, there is a 97% that the person is going to die. It is the most cruel type of cancer and perhaps the most painful (Peter Crosta).
Fight the Disease
If you have any unnatural pains or lumps in your body, or you just feel like your not yourself, go get checked by a docter. More often than not, it is ussualy nothing, but it is vey important to be sure before its too late. Talk to your friends and family and raise awareness. By products that sponser cancer research and do what you can for those in need. How would you feel if nobody told you about the symptoms of cancer and you couldnt stop this from happening to someone you love...