South Africa and the United States
Differences between South Africa and the United States
* There are many differences between life in South Africa and life in the United States. The biggest difference between these two cultures is with the art. Another major difference is with eating. The last major difference between South Africa and the United states is with the holidays that are celebrated.
* The popular Mbaqanga dance music originated in apartheid-era township.
* Kwaito music, a favorite of young Africans , mixes Africa melodies and lyrics with hip hop and reggae.
· Dinner, usually eaten after 6 P.M, is the main meal.
· All South Africa enjoy a braai (barbecue).
· Eat meals with spoon or their fingers.
· Human right day (21 mar.).
· Freedom day (27 apr.).
· Worker-days (1 may.
· National women’s day (9 Aug.).
· Music: pop music is the most common form of music.
· However, several rock and roll styles, Jazz, blues, country, and bluegrass all originated in the United States and have large followings.
· People eat foods such as French fries , fried chicken , hamburger , pizza , tacos ,….. with the hands.
· After dinner refreshments such as dessert or coffee.
· Columbus Day (second Monday in October).
· Valentine’s Day (14 Feb).
· Flag Day (14 June).