Mrs. Tax's Kindergarten Class
Week of May 8, 2016
Thank you Kindergarten Families!
Poppy Popcorn Claxton Fundraiser
- We are raising money for the play ground and Leader in Me funds!
- PLEASE have your students fill out the top of the fundraising form. It's easy...Student writes their name, your name, and grade level (This is for Poppy so we know who the order goes back to after we fill it), the top line should say that money goes to support Claxton OR get specific and say The Leader In Me/New Playground.
- Note that the date for COLLECTING forms has changed. Students will need to send forms AND money in on Friday, May 13th. ALL payment is due at that time. Checks need to be made to Claxton PTO (not Claxton, not Asheville City Schools)
- Popcorn will be delivered to school on Thursday, May 19th and will be sent home with students. (it will be pre sorted and labeled thanks to Poppy--literally just send home)
- Students with large orders will need to pick them up on Friday Morning OR at pick up on Friday afternoon. Someone from Poppy will handle those larger orders.
News and Events
- Monday, May 16, through Friday, May 20, EOG Spirit Week
- Thursday, May 19, Potluck of Learning & Community Drum Circle from 5:30-8:00
- Friday, May 20, Spring Book Fair begins
- Tuesday, June 7, K Graduation at 9:00
- Wednesday, June 8, 5th Graduation at 9:00 Last Day of School!
What Are We Learning?
The class will continue to work independently in their Daily 5 rounds and Mrs. Powell and I will read with students one-on-one.
We have begun Unit 5, the last unit in fundations. One new activity in Unit 5 is dictating sentences. I will say a sentence and the class will write it on their fundations white boards.
This week, we have begun working on our kindergarten memory books.
The students will be taking their math summatives throughout this week.