Grapevine Mustang Band
Bandtober 8, 2021
Good afternoon Mustang Band!
- We will have rehearsal in the stadium, as usual, on Monday, Oct 11. This is in preparation for UIL on Tuesday.
- All of this week's itineraries are below.
- Below is information for the first ever National Youth Wind Ensemble. This is a fantastic opportunity for our students at GHS to audition and perform with the best of the best high school students from the nation.
- The band calendar at grapevinehsband.com is your one-stop shop for all dates and times.
- Join the 2021-22 Remind! Info below. Everyone needs to join the Remind.
- All band fees should be paid in full. Please refer to the Band Fee Payment document for more information. Please note: if you are paying through PayPal and do not send the payment directly to email@example.com, the processing fees will be charged to your Charms account.
- Chaperones needed! Sign up HERE. Have a question? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- See below for Band Booster Notes, Volunteer opportunities, etc.! It takes a village!
- Lessons are available for all members of the band program. Please go to https://www.grapevinehsband.com/private-lessons.html and set up lessons if you have not already.
- "Transcend" tumblers are available. Email email@example.com to secure yours! We only have a limited number left!
- All Families can raise funds for their individual band account NOW with the Scrip Fundraiser. See below for details.
We know that the rigorous performances and growing teens will cause wear and tear and need replacement, particularly, of accessories. Guard members are required to keep their uniform and accessories performance ready at all times. This means that when they tear, get lost, or stop fitting properly they must be replaced. If your child needs to reorder/replace any of their accessories due to wear and tear please see this document. It has all the links needed to order replacements or additional items.
1) We need your help providing snacks to the guard after the games or events. Snacks will be given to the guard after the game responsibilities are fulfilled and served in the band parking lot. Guard members may not have their snack or drink in uniform. Dates we need snacks are 10/02, 10/09, 10/22, 10/23, 10/29, 11/05. Specifics about the snack were emailed on 09/28. Please email Rosa Garner at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
2) We have openings on the laundry schedule. This is to wash both the spirit uniform and the marching unitard the kids will wear to perform. The uniforms will need to be taken home on Friday or Saturday, if a competition weekend, in the garment bags, laundered and returned on Monday hung in the garment bags. Soap and care instructions will be provided to you. We need someone to help 10/15 and 11/05.
All Hands on Deck!
We are really, really in need of volunteers for the pit crew next Tuesday 10/12 for our UIL Marching competition. Since it is during the work week, there are several of our crew members that are unable to help. Even if it's staging props, all help is needed!
We also need concession volunteers next Wednesday 10/13 for jv/freshman games specifically for the 4:45pm to 9pm slot. If you haven’t gotten your 4 shifts scheduled yet please,please take a look and sign up!
We have had a great start to they year!!
If you haven't worked your 4 shifts yet this year, there is still time! Take a look at the signup genius links below and pick some dates.
An immediate need, is we need help for next Wednesday Freshman/JV games - we have three of them and we need people early (before 3:30) and late (2nd shift 6:45pm-9:00pm).
We also need help for Thursday night JV/Freshman games 10/21, 10/28 and 11/4 - all 2nd shifts are very thinly staffed and we could use some help. JV/Freshman GHS Concessions
We only have 2 varsity games left and based on how busy we have been the last 2 games, we need more volunteers for each shift. So if Friday's are better, please take a look at the Varsity sign up genius attached below.
Remember 11/5 is Senior Night, so I need non-senior parents to fill these slots, including the manager spot for the South Stand (as Ken is the manager and we have a senior this year). So if possible, please consider this night, especially if you do not have a senior.
Thanks for everyone's help this year, we are in the final stretch, so please take a look at these sign ups and sign up if you can! Remember this is the largest fund raiser for the band, so the more people we have, the more we sell, the more we make for the band for the future.
We are still actively seeking corporate sponsorships, please see the form below.
United States Marine Corps Band, New Orleans
GCISD has scheduled a free clinic and concert with the USMC Band, New Orleans. They will be bringing their entire band and so will present some full band stuff and also their jazz band. If you have never been to one of these field band concerts, they are great and very entertaining. In addition to the concert, members of the band will be presenting a clinic for all of our band students on audition preparation, focusing on solo and ensemble, region, area, and state auditions, as well as school of music and professional auditions. They will also talk a bit about what it's like to be a professional military musician. It will be a great clinic for all students, regardless of age. Concert info is below. Please begin telling parents and kids about it and mention it on a regular basis.
October 16, Colleyville Heritage High School
2:00-3:00 Clinic, Band Hall
7:00-8:30 Concert, Auditorium
All students and parents must join the Remind Groups. We use Remind to communicate quickly during events and will only send out messages that are important for everyone. Visit the band website for details.
You may pay for your child’s fees easily with a credit card using a Pay Pal account. To use this feature, click on the “Finances” button then choose the “Make A Trip Payment” button. If you have not set up a Pay Pal account, you will be given an option to do so. Choose to pay using your credit card, debit card, or bank account. Make secure purchases without revealing your credit card number or financial information to the GHS Band or the CHARMS system. PayPal offers one of the safest platforms for online commerce with fraud rates at a fraction of those of typical e-commerce offerings. PayPal offers ease and flexibility, accepting all major credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express), as well as all major debit cards and direct transfers. Please be aware that there is a fee to pay by credit card.