AMS SPR. EXAM EXEMPTION INFORMATION
Friday, May 19 and Monday, May 22
Spring Exam Schedule
AMS Exams will begin on Friday, May 19 and conclude on Monday May, 22.
Exams will be given as follows: (This is an UPDATED SCHEDULE)
Friday, May 19 4th, 5th and 6th Period Exams
Monday, May 22 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Period Exams
Students who have met the exemption criteria listed below will be allowed to check in or out based on the exams exempted, as Friday and Monday will not count against exam absences.
Athens Middle School 2017 Spring Exemption Policy
Any Athens MIDDLE School student may be permitted to exempt Spring final examinations based on the following criteria:
- Remember this will apply to each individual class period students have this semester.
1. Students’ receiving an in-school suspension assignment during a class period voids all exemptions.
2. Students who have the following grade at the end of the 4th 9 weeks grading period may be exempt for that class: (absences will only be counted from Jan. 4 to May 17)
- 92 with no more than three (3) excused absences
- 85 with no more than two (2) excused absences
- 80 with no more than one (1) excused absences
3. Students who receive an unexcused tardy three times (3) to any class will void exemption for that class.
4. An unexcused absence to any class voids examination exemption for that class.
AMS CHECK OUT PROCEDURES FOR MONDAY, MAY 22 AFTER EXAMS
All students will be allowed to check out on Monday, May 22 after 3rd period as long as they have a parent note turned into their first period teacher by Thursday, May 18.
Dismissal procedures on Monday the 22nd for students who provided a parent note:
Students will be called to the auditorium and will be released at 11:30am via carlines. Parents will not have to come into the building to pick up the students.