C.A.M.P. at Home
Lone Star Longhorns Learning at Home
Week of May 11-15
Computer and Library
Click Here for Mrs. Sample's Website
Email Mrs. Sample at email@example.com
This week we are learning about Oceans!
- I See Sea Food by Jenna Grodzicki – Read by our Special Guest Reader, Mrs. Harrison, Librarian at Stewart Creek Elementary.
- Follow the Moon Home: A Tale of One Idea, Twenty Kids, and a Hundred Sea Turtles by Philippe Cousteau and Deborah Hopkinson – Read by author Philippe Cousteau (Facebook Live Video)
- The Mermaid by Jan Brett - An ocean version of Goldilocks and the Three Bears, starring a Japanese mermaid named Kiniro and a family of octopi. (YouTube Video)
- Who Would Win – Whale vs. Giant Squid by Jerry Pallotta – Read by author Jerry Pallotta. (YouTube Video)
- Shark Lady: The True Story of How Eugenie Clark Became the Ocean's Most Fearless Scientist by Jess Keating - A Biography about Eugenie Clark and how she became a shark expert. (YouTube Video)
- Crafts for Kids Who are Wild about Oceans by Kathy Ross – Click Here for MackinVia eBook Login
- Drawing Ocean Animals by Abby Colich – Click Here for Capstone Interactive Login
- Super Simple Ocean Projects by Carolyn Bernhardt - Click Abdo Digital Elementary Bookshelf Link if book will not open.
- WaterLife: Sea Turtles and the Quest to Nest - Play this game and learn about protecting Loggerhead Turtles and their habitat.
- AI for Oceans - In this Code.Org game, use Artificial Intelligence to clean up the ocean.
- Kodable Beach Clean Up - Help clean up the beaches of Fuzztopia in this Code.Org game.
- Code.Org. Take a code break with these activities.
Send your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
Let's Dive into the ocean this week!
Shark Surprise with Mrs. Ritchie
paper, markers/crayons, scissors, glue
More Fun Ocean Projects!
Moving Paper Fish– YouTube Link
Paper, scissors, glue, marker/crayon
Playdough Octopus - YouTube Link
Playdough! If you don’t have any, try this recipe. I have used this recipe many times!
Dolphin Corner Bookmark-YouTube Link
Blue paper (or color with crayon/marker), scissors, glue
Paper plate, marker/crayons or paint, scissors, glue
Paper, cupcake liners, scissors, glue, they use watercolor in the tutorial, however, markers/crayons could be used instead
How to Draw a Mermaid with Author and Illustrator Jan Brett - YouTube Link
Click here for Mrs. Gauthier's Website
Email Mrs. Gauthier at email@example.com
Join Mrs. Gauthier this week for a special challenge! A "Can't Stop the Longhorns" challenge!
As the school year comes to a close, music classes would normally be in the middle of grade level talent shows, recorder recitals, and preparing for end of year celebrations. Since we aren't able to share our talents with each other in person right now, I will be creating a special end of year video using student submissions from this week's "Can't Stop the Longhorns" challenge. I will share the final video montage in next week's newsletter so be sure to email your video submissions to Mrs. Gauthier no later than Thursday, May 14th.
Click on the links below for more information.
"Can't Stop the Longhorns" Challenge - video explaining the challenge and how to participate.
Lyrics - download the lyrics for the challenge
Choreography - video demonstration of the movements for the challenge. Does anyone recognize the surprise guest who snuck in at the end of the video? :)
Audio Track - download this audio track to use in your challenge submission
Invite your family to participate as well and have a blast with this challenge. I can't wait to see your submissions! Let's show everyone how you Can't Stop the Longhorns!
P.E. with Mrs. Wisnieske and Mrs. Jones
Click here for Mrs. Wisnieske's website
Email Mrs. Wisnieske at firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope that you are enjoying working out and exercising to some of the workout videos. This week there will be Challenges, Cardio and Strengthening, GoNoodle and Line Dancing. Remember: KEEP MOVING!
PE at HOME CHALLENGES with Mike Morris from OPEN PHYSED
CARDIO AND STRENGTHENING