Brewster School Newsletter
April 8, 2016
You Make Me Wanna Shout
- To the second grade team and Tiger for the excellent work they did with the second graders to prepare them for a fun performance of Charlotte's Web.
- To the kindergarten team for compiling student performance data and completing the Kindergarten Inventory for the State of CT. Just one more thing...
- To Bonnie for celebrating National Caramel Popcorn Day with the kids and us.
- To Marsha and Nancy for volunteering to help with the kindergartners.
Shout-Out from Jenn Canning
- When we all left school on Monday to find our cars covered in snow and ice, so many people helped one another clean off their cars. People were sharing their ice scrapers, their ice melting spray, and were physically cleaning off cars for people who were still inside the building. So nice!'
Shout-Out from Terry Reilly
- To Marcia and Sandy for helping with getting my students on the bus and waiting with them when I have back to back students to see.
Thank you for everything you do for our kids!
First grade will be having their One World Celebration next Friday. They have invited everyone to join them for their culmination activity. Mikata African Drumming and Dance troupe will be performing for us next Friday at 2:00 in the gym.
Christy Barrett and Jenny Lussier have been busy planning Young Author's Day for our students. Lizzy Rockwell, an author and illustrator will be here on April 27 and 28th. She will be meeting with every class to share the creative and technical aspects of writing and illustrating a picture book. She will also be modeling how to make an illustration. All presentations will take place in room 5 and will last 45 minutes. The schedule will be coming soon.
If you are cleaning and throwing things away please let Jeff know ( you can call the office and we will find him) so he can bring you a barrel on wheels. Some of the barrels have been so heavy they are hard to lift.
Patti has made some labels for your boxes and a Box Identification Sheet. Please see her when you start packing. Absolutely no rush we just want to be ready.
Jeff is beginning to make boxes so they will be ready when you need them.
The BKPTO is looking for staff volunteers to help with Family Fun NIght at Korn School on May 4th from 5-7PM. The night has bounce houses/activities, food trucks and live music. If you volunteer for an hour, you will earn a $10 wrist band to use for the bounce facilities. There is a flyer on the door in the staff room with information.
- ONE MORE WEEK!!!
- We will have a Shelter-in Place drill during the next week. Please remind students that it is for practice just like fire drills and lock downs.
- Anyone up for the dunk tank during the Relay for Life on June 19th? Please let me know.
April 13 - BOE meeting @ CHRS 7:30, Public Hearing @ CHRS 8:00
April 11-15 - Spring Break
April 27&28 - Yong Author's Day
May 3 - Faculty meeting
May 4 - Early Dismissal, Packing
We are in the process of planning Christina Zauner's wedding celebration. More news will follow.