Come help touch people's lives everyday!
Taylor’s Gift has been spreading the word in dozens of fundraisers around Texas as well as in other states and cities. With Taylor Storch touching so many people’s lives and living in Coppell, many Coppell residents help and volunteer at various events and Coppell clubs and organizations, such as TLC and the Sidekick, also try and help fundraise for this great non-profit organization. However, the Taylor’s Gift Organization is not only limited to the help of Coppell residents. Recently Todd and Tara Storch were featured in People’s Magazine in the January 2013 issue. This proves that the story of Taylor’s gift has gone national.
Saturday, April 6th 2013 at 11am-2pm
260 East Parkway Boulevard
In our group, we plan on helping the Taylor’s Group Foundation by joining forces with Teen Leadership Coppell and help in organizing the event of a Fishing tournament. This is a huge fundraiser our group has decided to be a part of, and we would love for you to be there!!!
- Taylor's Gift was established after the tragic death of thirteen year-old Taylor Storch on March 15, 2010 during a family skiing trip in Beaver Creek, Colorado.
- Taylor was able to save and renew five lives, thus, the movement to spread knowledge about organ donation and how to become an organ donor was created.
- Todd Storch, with the help of his wife Tara Storch, created Taylor's Gift with the mission statement that "Taylor’s Gift Foundation was founded in 2010 with a mission to Regift Life, Renew Health and Restore Families.
- Taylor’s Gift team delivers events, speaking engagements and services to educate audiences about organ donation and the gift each of us has within.
- TaylorsGift.org purpose is to continue to be an online resource dedicated to help those touched by organ donation and be a legacy of Taylor Storch.
- To inform people about the option of organ donation and thus encourage people to “outlive yourself” by saving multiple peoples lives.
- In the United States alone, over 115,000 people are on the waiting list for various life-saving organs; however, 19 people a day die waiting for this gift of life.
- This organization strives to shorten the organ transplant waiting-list and is dedicated to help the U.S. reach its national goal of over 100 million designated donors.
- Coppell residents help and volunteer at various events and Coppell clubs and organizations, such as TLC and the Sidekick also try and help fundraise for this great non-profit organization. (Sidekick Strides for Life - March 23)
- Recently Todd and Tara Storch were featured in People’s Magazine in the January 2013 issue.
- During the summer of 2012, Carly Patterson, a former Olympian, was featured in an advertisement that was aired nationally and has been watched by thousands of viewers, proving that the story of Taylor has gone national.
- Todd and Tara Storch's story has also been featured on the Today show
- Taylor’s Gift events in are not advertised well enough to the public because its main source of advertising is through social media.
- Senior citizens especially need to be thinking about becoming organ donors, but most do not have access to social media.
- Taylor’s Gift needs to find a way to reach out to the senior citizens and some of the public who do not use social media in order to raise awareness to all demographics across the nation.