OHES Paw Prints
Mid Winter Update - February 2021
Hello OHES Families!
As you are aware, we have been busy preparing to combine our two cohorts of hybrid in-person students which will commence on Monday, March 1st. This combining of cohorts is significant for our 1st and 2nd grade classes as kindergarten and special education students have already been attending in-person four days a week. Below you will find information specific to arrival and dismissal procedures for students as well as health and safety protocols as we combine student cohorts.
Friday, February 26th is an OHES School Spirit Day! Students are encouraged to show their school spirit by wearing Montgomery gear, OHES clothes and/or green and gold. On Monday, March 1st, students will be introduced to our Pillar of Responsibility and we will kick it off by wearing green.
We are very excited to bring back more students into our school!
Mrs. Scotti and Mr. Van Hise
Health and Safety Reminders
As we bring more students back with the combining of cohorts, OHES staff will focus on the following mitigation strategies as emphasized by the Board of Health:
- Proper wearing of face masks
- Frequent hand washing/sanitizing
- Maintaining a safe distance
- Fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
- Completely cover the nose and mouth
- Be secured with ties or ear loops or gaiter neck style
- Include multiple layers of fabric
- Allow for breathing without restriction
- Be washed and machine dried without damage or change to shape
- NOT include vents/valves
In order to maintain these health and safety procedures families can help by providing snacks that young children can manage independently. Additionally, all student chromebooks should be transported to and from the school with the student daily. Teachers are not responsible for housing/charging chromebooks overnight.
Daily student health screening form must be completed by 9:00 am.
All hybrid students have been assigned a bus route by the transportation department. We strongly encourage our families to take advantage of using the bus service. All drivers have been trained in health and safety expectations for students riding the bus.
Parent Drop-Off Clarification
- Important safety protocols
- Parent should follow traffic pattern, pull up to curb, and student should exit on passenger side of vehicle.
- Staff will be present at both locations. Please do not drop of students until a staff member is there to receive your child.
- No parent should park their car and walk student to the entrance.
- Location: Main parking lot
- Montgomery Township Police and school administration will be on hand to monitor and assess the first few days of parent pick-up. Please be patient as we determine the safest and most efficient way to organize our dismissal process now that cohorts have been combined. We will be sure to update you with any necessary changes to our process.
- Contactless pickup remains in place
- Please display the sign on your dashboard or passenger window with student information (name, grade and teacher) upon pulling into the parent pick-up locations.
- A staff member will bring out your child so they can get into your vehicle
- We will maintain a sign-out log for each student being picked up.
- If you need to make a change in your child's dismissal plan during the day, please call the main office at 609-466-7605 by 12:30pm. We will not be able to accommodate changes after this time. Do not email your child's teacher.
Important Upcoming Dates
- March 1, Combining of student cohorts
- March 1 - 5, Read Across America
- March 23 - 26, Parent Teacher Conferences
- March 29 - April 5, Spring Break