Don't Smoke, Its a Trap!
Smoking kills more alcohol, drugs, and suicide combined!
Chemicals in Tobacco Smoke
There are over 4,000 chemicals in tobacco smoke and at least 69 of those chemicals are known to cause cancer.
- Methanol (wood alcohol)
- Acetylene (the fuel used in welding torches)
Smoking doesn't just hurt you but also the people around you
- Since 1964, 2.5 million nonsmokers have died from exposure to secondhand smoke.
In children, secondhand smoke causes the following:
- Ear infections
- More frequent and severe asthma attacks
- Respiratory symptoms (e.g., coughing, sneezing, shortness of breath)
- Respiratory infections (i.e., bronchitis, pneumonia)
- A greater risk for sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS)
You can quit smoking by...
- Nicotine patches
- Cold turkey
CDC: Tips from Former Smokers - Nathan's Ad: Secondhand Smoke and Asthma