Excellence In All We Do.
September 4, 2020
No school on MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 7th and TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 8th. ENJOY THIS EXTRA TIME WITH YOUR FAVORITE VIKINGS! They will not have expectations to engage in Canvas these two days.
What's Been HAppening?
Early Morning Energy
Our cross country team wakes up ready to run and pose for pictures. They start their practices bright and early as they prepare for their season.
JV Volleyball off to a great start with a win for the first home game against Bruceville-Eddy.
Couldn't be stopped!
Points were coming in quickly during the JV game.
Early Morning Energy
JV Football Gearing up for the first game yesterday evening against Teague.
Band has put in a lot of work this week preparing for the first game Friday night!
Face to face is here!
If you have not had the chance to take a look at Mr. Taylor's back to school video, check it out here!
Medications Need to be kept with the nurse
If you would like to keep over the counter meds in the clinic, they must be sent in their original container and you will need to complete new permission forms.
You can review our Medication Administration Policy HERE before sending medication to school.
Click here to download the school medication permission form.
Click here for the form needed in order for your child to carry an inhaler with them.
Click here for the form that allows your child to carry and self-administer their own EPI pen.
Please print and fill out the appropriate forms. You may bring them to your child's school directly or fax them to the appropriate campus.
- Elementary Fax: 512-267-8326
- Intermediate Fax: 512-267-8363
- Middle School Fax: 512-267-8329
- High School Fax: 512-267-8330
These forms are only current for this school year and if you would like to drop medication off before face to face instructions start, please reach out to Nurse Kat at firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-267-8300 ext. 5506.
Progress Reports go out next week!
Teachers have until the end of the day today to input your student's average from the 1st three weeks of the school year. Next week, you will receive an email from LVISD reminding you to check your student's grades in TxConnect. This grade in TxConnect is your student's official three-week progress report grade.
Students do not lose eligibility for UIL activities during this progress report check. This grade will only be an average. Please check your student's grades on Canvas.
AP Deadline is approaching!
DON'T FORGET TO TURN IN YOUR CHILD'S FREE & REDUCED-PRICE LUNCH APPLICATION!
DRESS code Review
It has been a while since students have been held to a dress code! In addition to the new mask requirement for students, they are still required to follow the dress code. Please take a minute to review this with your students!
Here is an EXCERPT from our Student Code of Conduct. Please reference the document for the entire list.
1. Clothing should be of the appropriate size.
a. Clothing must not be baggy or saggy, worn low on the body, nor drag on the ground.
b. Clothing must not be overly form fitting or tight.
2. Pictures, emblems or writings on student attire, jewelry, and/or tattoos must be appropriate for the school environment. No messages and/or graphics that are vulgar, offensive, obscene, libelous, or that denigrate others on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, or disability.
a. No messages and/or graphics that include depictions of or references to profanity,
prohibited substances (e.g., alcohol, drugs, tobacco, etc.), obscenity, sexual
connotations, gangs, inappropriate language, inappropriate pictures, inappropriate
gestures, death, and/or depictions of violent images.
3. See-through/sheer material is ONLY permitted when worn over an article of clothing that is dress code compliant.
4. Students will be expected to be in compliance with the dress code while standing or sitting.
5. Proper undergarments should be worn, but undergarments must not be visible. Garters and garter belts are considered undergarments.
6. No pajamas, sleepwear, or house slippers of any kind, except for designated days such as theme or character days approved by the campus administration.
7. Mustaches, beards, and sideburns must be well groomed. Grooming is at the discretion of the principal.
Bottoms (Dresses, Skirts, Shorts, and Pants)
8. All bottoms must fit around the waist and be properly fastened.
9. Dresses, skirts, shorts, and other non-uniform clothing must be of sufficient length to allow for performing normal school functions without immodest exposure. Any garment, regardless of what it is called, must cover all skin above the middle of the thigh.
10. Spandex shorts, tights, and leggings are allowed ONLY with an outer garment that meets the middle of the thigh requirement.
11. No rips or holes that are excessive or placed above the middle of the thigh.
Shirts and Blouses
12. Shirts must be buttoned properly.
13. Sleeveless shirts and modest tank tops that provide appropriate coverage are permitted.
a. No tank tops or dresses with “spaghetti straps” (thin shoulder straps over otherwise
b. Sleeveless tops must fit appropriately under the arm. No “muscle shirts”.
14. No strapless, spaghetti-strap, backless, halter, one-shoulder, or off-the-shoulder tops.
15. No clothing that reveals bare midriffs and/or bare backs. Midriffs must be fully covered at all times (even when arms are raised).
16. No low cut necklines (which reveal cleavage or the chest area).
17. No hats, caps, and/or hoods may be worn inside during the academic school day, except for designated days such as theme or character days approved by the campus administration.
18. No bandannas, rags, gloves, kerchiefs, or gang-related decorative articles.
19. No hanging wallet chains, chain belts, handcuffs, sharp/heavy rings, or other metal spiked or metal-studded studded accessories.
20. No visible body piercings, with the exception of earrings.
21. No sunglasses may be worn in school buildings without specific recommendation from a doctor.
22. No shoes that mark the floor or “wheelies”.
23. No trench coats.
ScreenGuide Parental Control App for School Devices
HOMECOMING WILL BE September 25th!
What happened to Pre-AP?
Need a Thermometer?
Lago Vista ISD is requiring that all students be screened prior to coming onto campus, which includes having a temperature taken. We hope to assist families who do not currently own and who will have difficulty acquiring a thermometer. Please complete ONE REQUEST FORM PER FAMILY.
Lago Vista ISD requiere que todos los estudiantes sean examinados antes de ingresar al escuela, lo que incluye tomar la temperatura. Esperamos ayudar a las familias que actualmente no poseen y que tendrán dificultades para adquirir un termómetro. Complete UN FORMULARIO DE SOLICITUD POR FAMILIA.
Click here to complete the request form.
Our schoolwide attendance goal for this year is 97%. Our state funding is based on the percentage of students at school at 10:45 am every day. Higher attendance rate = more money for resources for your student.
For students who miss school, here is some very important attendance information:
3 or more unexcused absences in a 4 week period - warning letter sent home and phone call from the principal.
10 or more unexcused absences in a 6 month period - truancy charges are filed. Parent, student and school administrator will be summoned to appear in truancy court.
Our campus goal is to reach 97% attendance each day.
Thanks for your support!
How to check your student's grades:
- Integration with the Assignments and Quiz functions within Canvas (auto grading, streamlined feedback, peer editing).
- Instant and improved communication with students on their assignment grades.
- Observer view (Parent view) allows for the parent to see grades and have access to the content as well as teacher comments.
- Uniformity of Canvas gradebook use across campus.
- Parents can still use TxConnect for a “big picture” look at a student’s grade and use Canvas for a detailed contextual look at student’s grades.
- In many cases, parents can access the actual assignment turned in by their student. This eliminates student responses of “I turned it in.” and “I’m not sure why I got a bad grade.”
Parents can create a Canvas Parent account by following the steps found here: https://sites.google.com/lagovista.txed.net/technology/canvas. An even easier option is to have your student log in to their Canvas account and show you their current assignments and grades.
StayAlert System Reminder
Users may anonymously report concerns 24-7-365 via the StayALERT website, an e-mail, a phone call to a recorded and monitored line, or via a text message from a cell phone. Photos and video clips pertaining to the StayALERT report may be included. No special app required! Reportable information will be forwarded in a timely manner to a pre-designated school official for review.
To make a report, use one of the methods below:
Call or Text: (206) 406-6485
Who should I contact about...
Immunizations, illnesses, medications: Our nurse Kat_Azevedo@lagovista.txed.net, 512-267-8300, extension 5506
Registration, Transcripts: Our registrar, Tyra_Becker@lagovista.txed.net, 512-267-8300, extension 5503
Student Emotional Support, College Readiness, Student Schedules: Our counselor, Meghin_Huerta@lagovista.txed.net, 512-267-8300, extension 5504
Career and Tech Readiness: Our CTE Counselor, Elanna_Hylander@lagovista.txed.net, 512-267-8300, extension 5510