Mrs. Bumatay's Bulletin
For Parents and Students
Volume 2 . Issue 15 . Week of November 15, 2021
TRANSLATE THIS BULLETIN
- Select "Translate Newsletter" under the "Accessibility" box (top right) and choose your language.
- Seleccione "Translate Newsletter" en "Accessibility" (cuadro en la parte superior derecha) y elija su idioma.
Dear Cavalier Families,
November is a favorite month for me as it kicks off the holiday season! It is a time of gratitude, a time to show kindness and a time to reflect on what is good in our lives. May you have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday.
This week's announcements:
- Have you signed up for the at home COVID-19 testing project? Please test on Sunday night AND fill out the questionnaire. The QR code is located on the registration card you received. Testing is the first part of the project and the second part is filling out the questionnaire.
Great job to our students and staff on the emergency drill last Friday. We practiced a lockdown, an earthquake and an evacuation drill. The most important things to remember in an emergency is to remain calm as much as possible and follow directions.
The annual Turkey Trot will be this Thursday! Good luck to all participants!
There is no Rise Up Friday after school this week. The next one will be December 3, 2021.
In order to participate in this week's Fun Friday, students must complete the Achieve 3000 article assigned AND complete this SEL survey.
Username: Student ID Password: 8 digit birthday (default) OR email password
Free food distribution Wednesday, November 17 from 4 - 6 pm on G street between Fourth and Fifth Avenue.
The main office will be closed at 2:00 pm on Friday, November 19 for a staff meeting.
There will be a one week Thanksgiving break next week. This is a good time for students to make up any missing assignments. Please use this time productively. School will resume on Monday, November 29.
- The San Ysidro Health Clinic will be back on Friday, November 19th from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm. Second doses of the Pfizer vaccines, the flu vaccine and other immunizations may be available.
Paper copy consent forms can be picked up in the Nurse's
office. Please submit completed forms to Ms. Lourdes Banuelos in the main office or
email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Students will be called out of
class on November 19 during the day to get the second shot of the vaccine.
- Chula Vista Middle School has been selected to participate in a research project to study the effectiveness of providing At-Home COVID Testing kits to the community. We will be the only school in the district using at home testing kits. The testing kits are FREE (about $25 value each) and incentives are provided for participating in the study. Each student will be encouraged to test on Sunday nights. Complete instructions are included when you pick up your kits. Click here to register for this project.
- Each student will receive $2 (sign up) and $1 (weekly testing) for signing up or for weekly participation. Treat coupons will be provided to students for participation that can be used to purchase snacks at the school ASB store. Every three weeks at each school there will be a drawing for three school spirit items. Each time participants test, they will be eligible to put their name into the drawing. Eligible (meaning school-affiliated) non-participants will also be notified that they can put their name into the drawing each week. This incentive program will be run for this initial trial period (16 weeks), for a total of 45 winners/prizes across that period. Winning students/staff will be announced over school loudspeaker announcements; winning household members will receive a phone call. Chance of winning will depend on the number of people in the hat (maximum 3:900 initially and approximately 3:3,600 once household members are eligible). Drawings will be held on November 19, 2021, December 10, 2021, and January 14, 2022. All students are eligible to participate in these drawings, even if they are not participating in the project. Please send an email that you want to enter the drawing to email@example.com.
Please feel free to contact myself or one of the Assistant Principals with any questions.
Mr. Guillermo.Flores@sweetwaterschools.org is our 8th grade Assistant Principal
are subbing as our 7th grade Assistant Principals
In your service,
Mrs. Lora Bumatay
Honoring our CVM Cavalier Family Veterans!
No School November 22-26, 2021
School resumes Monday, November 29, 2021
THE REAL HISTORY BEHIND THANKSGIVING
Let us show gratitude this week and be thankful!
Free COVID TESTs for CVM Students
PICK UP COVID TEST KITS ON FRIDAYS FROM 1:00 - 3:00 pm in front of school
Have you checked your student's attendance recently?
WE NEED TUTORS!
SHOW YOUR SPIRIT!
COVID PROTOCOLS Updated 10/25/21
Supporting our Mental health
Kudos to our counselor's for creating this space for our school community!