2 slices white bread
3 englich cucumbers, peeled and sliced
2 teaspoons butter
2 teaspoons mayonnaise
salt and pepper
1⁄8 teaspoon horseradish (optional)
1. Spread the butter and mayonnaise on both slices of bread.
2. Add thinly sliced cucumber to one slice of bread.
3. Add seasoning to cucumbers.
4. Top with the other slice of bread.
5. Cut off crusts and slice into squares or triangles. Sandwiches should be small for finger foods.
6. OPTIONAL: Add horseradish to the mayonnaise to give the sandwich a bit of a bite
Information and fun facts
The cucumber has been cultivated for over 3,000 years
Benefits, Nutrients, Minerals
Benefits: Great skin and eyes
Nutrients: vitamin K, C, and B1
Minerals: molybdenum, pantothenic acid, copper, potassium, manganese, phosphorus, magnesium, biotin