Jaguar Band Newsletter
Your Place for JHS Jaguar Band News
important items for this week
Please help the Jaguar Band have a safe and fun summer band experience! Sign up to staff the Band Aids tent and help serve meals to the kids. If you have any questions about Meal Plans, please contact Blanca Velez or Julie Hoese (firstname.lastname@example.org).
PARENTS - We need your help with fitting the band students into their uniforms for the season and also for pictures. We will have different stations set up to get them fitted, photographed, pants pinned and then scanned in.
STUDENTS - We need student volunteers to help as runners to help assist the students from one station to the next and to help our parent volunteers as needed.
Questions can be directed to Carmen Sifuentes (email@example.com).
Everyone who signs up for the whole day will be provided lunch by the Band Boosters.
In this week's newsletter
- Important Items for this Week
- Meal Plans 2022 - 23 Only the Competition Meal Plan is REQUIRED. All others are OPTIONAL.
- Important Summer Notes
- Summer Band/Band Event Conflicts
- Sign up for Picture Day Time Slot!
- How Can Band Parents Stay Informed?
- 2022 - 23 Marching Competition Calendar
- What's Happening this Month (July 2022) Please consider joining a committee to support the Band & Guard.
- Get Involved! (Important Volunteer Information)
- Color Guard Corner
- Rookie Parents (And Those of Us Who Need a Friendly Reminder!) Registration & Replacement Shoes
- Save These Dates (Picture Day!)
- Stay Strong and Healthy for Summer Band!
- Jag Band & Guard Photos
- Support Johnson Jaguar Band!
- Stay Connected!
Meal plans 2022 - 23
The Competition Meal Plan is mandatory because it’s not possible for parents to know when the students can eat. Schedules are driven by the competition hosts. Click here for more information.
important Summer Notes
Open Band Hall--UPDATED June 3, 2022
The band hall will be open Monday - Thursday from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. All open band hall days and times are now listed on the Johnson Band Calendar. Any large student-led sectionals need to be communicated at least one day in advance to Mr. Lucita. This is to ensure that a Director is there for safety and logistical concerns. Individuals do not need to communicate in advance. We are thrilled to have had many students already taking advantage of this program and hope that more will continue. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact Mr Lucita.
All Band and Guard families: Please don't forget to pay your 2022 - 23 Fees
Fees are used to help purchase summer and competition uniforms! Please visit our website to pay 2022 - 23 Band, Guard and School Instrument Fees. We have been able to maintain the same guard fees as last year.
The Senior committee has created a t-shirt that is being offered to JHS Band & Guard Seniors and their Parents as a pre-order only through August 3rd. All profits will fund senior activities during 2022-2023 such as senior class sponsored events, Senior Band Night, and senior recognition at Band Banquet. Pre-order yours here.
summer band/band event conflicts
Sign up for Picture Day Time Slot!
Picture Day is July 30th for the 2022-2023 Jaguar Band!
Sign up for your picture timeslot HERE !!
WOODWINDS, BRASS AND PERCUSSION - Wear black sleeveless compression shirt and compression shorts. BRING YOUR INSTRUMENT IF YOU WANT IT IN YOUR PHOTO.
COLOR GUARD - Wear exercise bra and black leggings or black compression shirt and black jazz pants.
ALL STUDENTS MUST WEAR COMPRESSION CLOTHING (NO LOOSE SHIRTS OR SHORTS) TO CHANGE IN AND OUT OF UNIFORM. Students will change in the band halls, not restrooms. Compression clothing can be worn under regular shorts and shirts BUT they must already have compression clothes on.
Contrary to football games and competitions, HAIR AND MAKEUP CAN BE STYLED AS DESIRED FOR PHOTO
* STUDENTS WHO DO NOT TAKE THEIR PICTURE ON THIS DAY WILL MOST LIKELY NOT BE INCLUDED IN THE FOOTBALL PROGRAM.
Questions can be directed to Carmen Sifuentes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
how can band parents stay informed?
WHAT'S HAPPENING THIS MONTH (JULY 2022)
July 11 - 14 & 18 - 21
Open Band Hall
July 14 & 15
Color Guard Spin Class (4 - 7 p.m. @ JHS Cafeteria & Foyer)
*This is not mandatory, but it is highly recommended.
Summer Band Jam (5 - 9 p.m. @ JHS Band Hall)
July 21 & 22
Color Guard Camp (10 a.m. - 5 p.m. @ JHS Cafeteria & Foyer)
DCI San Antonio
July 25 & 26
Percussion Camp (@ JHS Band Hall)
SLT Camp (@ JHS Band Hall)
Summer Band Begins!
Have you signed up to volunteer yet?
Complete our Committee Interest Form to be informed on upcoming committee meetings as they begin: https://form.jotform.com/221345018736150
Join the Band Boosters: https://www.johnsonbands.com/product-page/2022-2023-booster-membership
Color Guard Corner
- Color Guard Spin Camps are on the Charms google calendar. Please know that these classes are not mandatory but highly recommended.
- Please make sure your student eats before attending Spin Camps. We highly encourage you to send snacks with your student and ensure they are bringing a water bottle! Even indoors, guard work is a workout!
- MANDATORY COLOR GUARD CAMP, July 21 & 22, 10am - 5pm. All 2022 color guard students must attend. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Mr. Duffy, David.Duffy@johnsonbands.com
- The Color Guard Captains have created a color guard Google classroom where students can find videos to practice their skills over the summer. It can be found here: https://classroom.google.com/c/NTE0NjQwMDAyNDYx?cjc=qvbgpwg
Rookie and Returning Parents: Registration and Replacement Shoes
- Rank One forms (only do one time for both athletics and band)
- Parent Information Form
- 8 Hour UIL Form
- Physical (requires dr signature) Email to Mrs. Tracye prior to start of summer band.
Returning band students who need replacement marching shoes but missed ordering prior to the June 6 deadline: please order your own shoes via one of the vendors below as Ms. Mendez will not be placing another order for fall. Marching shoes are DSI-9001 Viper Marching Band Shoes in black.
SAVE THESE DATES!
Jaguar Jamboree (@ JHS)
First Day of School
JHS Football vs. San Antonio Clark (7 p.m. @ Shelton Stadium)
2022 - 23 Jaguar Jog 5K/10K (Registration is Now OPEN!)
Benefitting Moe and Gene Johnson High School Jaguar Band.
Both the 5K and 10K will be essentially out and back courses starting and finishing on the Johnson High School Campus in Buda. 10K Course will exit out the north of the property to the Elliott Ranch neighborhood, then head back to the school. 5K will turn around at the gate and come back.
Dripping Springs High School
STAY STRONG AND HEALTHY FOR SUMMER BAND!
Here is your first one! https://youtu.be/zuBzv3kDTPI
This exercise is for ALL color guard and band members.
Jag Band & Guard Photos
Support Johnson Jaguar Band!
Join the Johnson Jaguar Band Boosters!
Subscribe to Fly a Flag! Show your National Pride AND support the Johnson High School Band! The Johnson Band Boosters are offering a US Flag Subscription service! For national holidays a 3’ x 5’ flag on a pole will be placed in your front yard. The flags will be installed at least one day before the holiday and will be removed after the holiday (length of display will vary depending on when the holiday occurs). A one-year subscription to the Fly A Flag Program is $52. At this time, this service is only being offered in the Johnson High School attendance zone.
SHOP!Amazon Smile: Support the Johnson Jaguar Band & Guard by shopping at Amazon Smile!
Scrip Gift Cards: Shop gift cards from 750+ top brands like Amazon, HEB, Starbucks, Walmart, Home Depot and the band program earns on things you buy!
Corporate Sponsorship: Corporate sponsorships are a fantastic way for local businesses to support the Jaguar Band AND raise awareness about your company in our community. . There are several different levels of sponsorship available each with its own unique incentives. Download our brochure or click on the image to explore the various tax-deductible options available.
- Save our website -www.johnsonbands.com
- Find copies of our Jaguar Band Newsletters at: https://www.johnsonbands.com/newsletter
- Sync to the Band Google Calendar: https://www.johnsonbands.com/calendar
- Sign up for 2022 Remind - Instructions here https://www.johnsonbands.com/get-connected
- Like our Facebook Page https://www.johnsonbands.com/get-connected
- Get Connected: Remind App, JHS Band Calendar, Photos & Newsletters. We're also on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube!