April 30, 2021
As we approach the end of the year, we know that End of Year testing is on the minds of many. While this is usually information that we share out well in advance, you can only imagine the logistics that we have had to think through. Below you will see information for both remote and in-person testing schedules.
The expectation is that all students will take the End of Grade assessment if they are present on a testing day. Parents of remote students received a survey last week to let us know if they were sending their children and if they needed transportation. Adapted Curriculum classrooms will operate on their same schedule as they are currently and will not be impacted in any way.
We will continue to provide End of Grade review sessions each Wednesday during the following times. EOG/EOC review will be occurring during class time, with additional support if needed upon request.
- Wednesday, May 5 - Staff will schedule one hour virtual sessions in the afternoon, and will share those times with students. We will communicate that information out to families as well
- Wednesday May 12 - Staff will schedule Staff will schedule one hour virtual sessions in the morning, and will share those times with students. We will communicate that information out to families as well
- May 19, 26 and June 2 - We will have virtual sessions set up throughout the day for students to attend if they are not scheduled for testing. That schedule will be shared with families early next week.
Starting the week of May 24th ALL students (except adapted curriculum) will work in a remote setting for the rest of the year unless coming in to take a test on their assigned cohort day (see schedule below). Students will ONLY come in person on days listed below so they can take the assigned tests.
- 6th and 7th grade will have live virtual components on Monday May 24th, and Friday, May 28th while 8th graders complete their Science test.
- Unless students are involved in makeup tests, there will be live virtual sessions (grade level celebration/recognition, closing activities for individual classes, opportunities to connect with students one last time for the year) on Friday, June 4, Monday, June 7 and Tuesday, June 8 (shortened day).
- More info to come on the asynchronous work/potential live sessions etc. for your student on non-testing days and what the end of the year looks like.
Listed below are the testing dates for each group of learners. If your child is currently attending 4 days a week, we will individually share the testing dates that your child will be testing so you can plan accordingly (to ensure they are not testing twice). These dates will be passed on to you as soon as possible.
In Person - Cohort A
- Science (8th Grade)- Monday, May 24
- Math I (6th/7th Grade) Monday May 24
- Reading - Tuesday, May 25
- Math - Tuesday, June 1
In Person - Cohort B
- Reading - Thursday, May 27
- Science (8th Grade) - Friday, May 28
- Math I (6th/7th Grade) Friday May 28
- Math - Thursday, June 3
- 8th Grade Science / Math I (6th or 7th Graders only) - Wednesday, May 19
- Reading - Wednesday, May 26
- Math - Wednesday, June 2nd
As we have all experienced in the past several months, by working together we can make the best decisions for each student. If you have any concerns or needs, please contact your student’s teacher/counselor/administration for more information or a discussion on how we can best meet the needs of your student and your family.