Technology Tips, Tricks and Tools
Agenda for the Day
9:15-10:30 Social Media
10:40-11:30 Communication Tools
1:00-2:15 Professional Development Tools
2:25-3:00 Apps for Administrators
3:00-3:25 Eduphoria and Digital Citizenship
3:25-3:30 Wrap Up and Evaluations
What is your goal for your students when they leave your school district?
Does your technology implementation support that goal?
Questions you need to have answered before you move forward with an instructional technology plan:
1. Does your district's bandwidth have the capacity to support your students?
2. Do you have a guest network enabled?
3. Do you have filters and firewalls set up? How strong are they? How secure are they? Do your teachers know the process to have a website cleared through your technology department?
- Personal contact information does not have to be shared!
- No talking back!
- No group texts (and responses)!
Let's try it!
Professional Development Tools
Use Nearpod to be in control of electronic devices. You can upload presentations and then embed formative assessment into the presentation- the complete package!
When you know your material is not the most engaging infomation in the world (test data), CONTROL the device!
Formative Assessment Presentation- Instructional Leaders Spring 2015https://app.nearpod.com/#/?pin=C54EAE07C4F624F578F0D91D9E378BBD-0
If you are a 1:1 campus- has that changed how your teachers teach?
Reflection- how could you use Nearpod as a professional development tool for administrative purposes?
Reflection- how could you use a back channel as a professional development tool for administrative purposes?
VoiceThread is an interactive collaboration and sharing tool that enables users to add images, documents, and videos, and to which other users can add voice, text, audio file, or video comments.
Technology Applications Reflection
Create an account - www.voicethread.com
Ideas for application:
- Faculty Meeting Conversations
- Mission Statement/ Goals
- Climate and Culture Check in
- When discussing any difficult topics it gives teachers an outlet
- Quick Discussions
Apps for Admin
Power of 3 Activity
- Choose an app from the list that you believe would be beneficial to you for the next school year.
- For what purpose would this app serve you or your campus?
- What is your implementation plan and timeline?
When you are done- share on the Padlet! This will create a network of ideas for everyone!
• Write notes, checklists, and research
• Organize web articles, docs, and photos
• Discuss your work with others, right within the app
• Present ideas without creating a slide deck
1. Login to the administrator interface at www.goosechase.com and create a game.
2. Choose the mission list from our suggested missions or by adding your own custom missions.
3. Gather the participants together and have at least one person per team download the GooseChase app.
4. Get out there and go for the win!
Note: To create a scavenger hunt that will show up in the app, you must use the web interface at www.goosechase.com.
1Password- Password Manager
◆ Store your logins, credit cards, identities, and secure notes
◆ Log in to websites without having to remember any of your passwords
◆ Fill credit cards and identities without typing
◆ Quickly access your most used items using favorites
◆ Powerful search to find what you need fast
Manage everyday life and keep the whole faculty in the loop with Cozi, Appy Award Winner for Best App, BMA Gold Winner for Best Mobile Calendar and named a "must-have app for a better life" by The TODAY Show.
There's nothing stationary about your life, so why depend on a calendar that hangs on a fridge or wall? Cozi is the leading choice for communication and includes a color-coded calendar, to do lists, journal and more. Cozi also offers a premium ad-free version with additional features called Cozi Gold (available as an in-app purchase).
Cozi Organizer is shared, so you only need one account for the whole faculty. Cozi's free features include:
• Easy to use color-coded calendar, view an individual's schedule or the whole group at once
• Add or edit appointments that everyone can see
• Set reminders so no one misses practice or an important event
TO DO LISTS
• Create a shared to do list, a project list or checklists
• Have your tasks right there in your pocket to remind yourself or send them to a group member to remind them
• Create as many lists as you want - emergency supplies lists, packing checklists, supplies list and more
• Send an automated agenda for the upcoming week to any group member
Your Zite is as unique as you are. Zite learns what you like and gets smarter as you use it. Zite analyzes millions of articles each day and brings you the best of your favorite magazines, newspapers, authors, blogs, and videos.
- Are you assessing your students using Eduphoria, if not why?
- Are you 1:1? If so, are you testing online using Eduphoria?
- Are you creating data views for your teachers?
- Who pulls reports at your campus? Have teachers been trained?
- Are you using Forethought and other applications?
Eduphoria Bootcamp for Administrators/Teachers
July 22, 2015 - To Register Click Here