Little Cedars Elementary
Home of the Wolverines - August 19, 2022
Message from the Principal
Dear Little Cedars Families,
I want to officially welcome you to the 2022-2023 school year! For those of you who are new to our school, I want you to know that you are coming to the wonderful community of Little Cedars Elementary School. I will be starting my 26th year in education and am so lucky to be a Wolverine. My goal is to ensure that all children are healthy, happy, and safe so that they may grow their brain each and every day. I look forward to continuing to build strong relationships with staff, students, families, and community members.
This is going to be a challenging Fall for me because I am going to have an empty nest. I have two beautiful children- Savanna (20) and Luke (18). Savanna will be a senior at Gonzaga and Luke will be a Freshman at the University of Oregon. Having no children will be difficult, but people often say that I treat each child in my school as my own. I believe that a school should function as a family and build a climate of trust and mutual respect.
Our teachers and staff at Little Cedars are caring, innovative, and always learning something new for the benefit of your children. We want to partner with each of you to ensure a productive and fun educational experience for your child(ren). As principal, my door is always open, and I welcome your input. I hope that you enjoy the remainder of your summer but are excited to come back to school! We look forward to seeing you for the Meet the Teacher on September 1st!
Meet the Teacher
On Thursday- September 1st you will have an opportunity for your family to meet your child/ children's teacher. We will follow this schedule by last name:
(A- L)- 1:30 - 2:15 and (M-Z)- 2:30- 3:15.
- Thursday, September 1 - Skyward/Family Access will open at 12:00 p.m. (elementary) for viewing teacher placement. Please note that individual teacher placement and student schedules may be subject to change up to the first day of school.
Drop-off and Pick-up at LCE
PARKING LOT GUIDELINES: Parents are encouraged to allow their children to ride the buses, or form car-pools to reduce congestion in our school parking lot. However, if you must drive your child(ren) to school, we have designed procedures that make the parking lot a safe place for our students and families.
Before School Procedures:
1. Children may not be dropped off in any area other than the front of the school.
2. Please keep your child(ren) in the car until 8:00 a.m.
3. Continue pulling forward as the traffic flow permits. We now have two lanes within the parking lot to alleviate cars being backed up onto 144th PL. SE.
4. Merge into 1 lane to approach the front of the school.
5. As you enter our drop off zone, a Little Cedars staff member will be present to receive your child(ren).
6. We ask that your children exit the vehicle from the door nearest to the curb. Please remain in your vehicle while in the drop off zone and follow the instructions of our Little Cedars Staff.
7. Please wait until children are safely on the sidewalk before pulling away.
After School Procedures:.
1. Students are not allowed to approach or enter cars that are not in the pick-up zones in front of the school.
2. Continue pulling forward as traffic flow permits. We now have two lanes within the parking lot to alleviate additional cars being backed up onto 144th PL. SE.
3. Merge into 1 lane to approach the front of
4. Pull over to the curb as far forward as possible in the pick-up zone in front of the school. Double parking is not permitted. Please remain in your vehicle while in the pick-up zone and follow the instructions of the Little Cedars Staff member in charge.
SNO-ISLE Libraries Student Access
Use SN + your student I.D. number to:
(Password/PIN is 1234)
- Check out 10 physical items at any library location
- Download 30 digital items (eBooks and eAudiobooks)
- Access online homework help and streaming content
- Use remote printing and pick up your prints at any library
Upcoming important dates:
2022-2023 School Year
Wednesday, August 24-Thursday, August 25 - Camp Kindergarten
Thursday, September 1 - Meet the teacher event
Wednesday, September 7 - First day of school
Monday, September 12 - Frist day of school for Kindergarten
Wednesday, September 21 - Picture Day
Thursday, September 22 - Open House
Friday, October 14 - PTA BINGO
Week of October 24 - Fall conference week (schedule and details TBD)
Thursday, November 3 - Fifth grade music concert
Friday, November 11- No school/Veterans Day
Wednesday, November 23 - Half-day early release
Thursday, November 24-Friday, November 25 - No school/Thanksgiving Break
Friday, December 9 - PTA Dance
Tuesday, December 20 - Half-day early release
Wednesday, December 21-Tuesday, January 3 - No school/Winter Break
Wednesday, January 4 - Classes resume after Winter Break
Thursday, January 12 - Fourth grade music concert
Monday, January 16 - No school/MLK Jr. Day
Thursday, January 26 - PTA Spelling Bee
Monday, January 30 - No school/Beginning of second semester and non-student day
Friday, February 17-Monday, February 20 - No school/Mid-Winter Break
Monday, February 27-Friday, March 10 - Apex Fundraising
Thursday, March 2 - Science Fair
Thursday, March 16 - Sixth grade music concert
Week of March 27 - Spring conference week (schedule and details TBD)
Monday, April 3-Friday, April 7 - No school/Spring Break
Friday, April 21 - Festival of Cultures
Monday, April 24-Wednesday, April 26 - Sixth grade camp
Thursday, May 4 - First and Third grade music concert
Thursday, May 18 - Kindergarten and Second grade music concert
Friday, May 19 - PTA Carnival
Monday, May 29 - No school/Memorial Day
Friday, June 16 - Last day of school
Monday, June 19 - No school/Juneteenth
Tuesday, June 20-Friday, June 23 - Potential snow/inclement weather make-up days
District-approved community fliers
District-approved community fliers
- COVID-19 Study Conducted by UW and the Center for Health Research at Kaiser Permanente Northwest - You and your family are invited to join a research study to help understand more about COVID-19. You do not need to be vaccinated to participate. You will receive free weekly COVID-19 PCR tests delivered to and picked up from the convenience of your home. Learn more at cascadiastudy.org.
- Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) Volunteers Needed
- Crossview Tutoring
- Let Me Run Registration - Boys
- Let Me Run Registration - Boys Seattle Hill Elementary
Fliers are typically posted on Tuesdays during the months of August through June. For additional flier program details and/or to complete a request for distribution, please click here.
The Snohomish School District does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following employees have been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination: Civil Rights Coordinator, Title IX Coordinator and ADA – Darryl Pernat, 1601 Avenue D, Snohomish, WA 98290, 360-563-7285, email@example.com; Section 504 Coordinator and Harassment, Intimidation and Bullying – Shawn Stevenson, 1601 Avenue D, Snohomish, WA 98290, 360-563-7282, firstname.lastname@example.org.