Regional School District No. 6
Principal's Message for October 1, 2015
Dear Parents, Guardians and Community Members,
Every year, the Litchfield County Superintendents Association provides the opportunity for students to be recognized for their community service, academic prowess, and leadership service. I am pleased to announce that Conor Smith was selected as this year's recipient because he is both a kind and motivated sixth grade student. Conor's Boy Scout career began in first grade, and he presently participates in Eagle Scout service projects. He plays recreational basketball, baseball, and is a practitioner of karate. His dedication to karate has earned him an Apprentice Black Belt. He is involved in Student Council, including being President in fifth grade. He volunteers for several community organizations as well. Conor’s good character and willingness to help is well known at Warren School.
This year, we are planning ways for students to connect their classroom learning to real-world applications. For example, teachers recently met to discuss ways that students can be involved in renovating the Harvest of Dreams garden. Each class will select an idea, and then students will use the skills they are learning in the classroom to collaboratively complete the garden projects. Another example is taking place in Art class. Students in the 3/4 multiage, 4th grade, and 5th grade classes recently learned about iconic logos belonging to companies such as Nike and Coca Cola. They were then challenged to design a logo that they feel embodies the essence of Warren School, taking into consideration the school's special past as well as its evolution to a full-fledged multiage school.
I would like to remind you that international multi-age expert Dr. Sandra Stone will visit Warren School on October 13th and 14th. You are invited to a parent meeting with Dr. Stone, the teachers and me on October 13th at 6:30 PM. At that time, you will hear a more detailed update and have the opportunity to ask any questions that you may have.
Please note the following:
- 5th/6th grade FNO at Goshen Center School on October 2nd at 7:00 PM
- The next Principal/Parent Coffee will take place on Thursday, October 8th from 6:15-6:45 PM, prior to the Friends of Warren School Meeting. You are invited for coffee (decaf will be available!) and conversation. We will review and discuss the Warren School Vision and goals for 2015-2016, as well as any other topics that may be of interest. Those who are interested are welcome to stay for the Friends of Warren School Meeting which will begin at 7:00 PM.
- Thursday, October 8th at 7:00 PM - Friends of Warren School meeting in Art Room
- October 9th Friends of Warren Pumpkin Decorating 3:30-5:30
- October 10th and 11th - Warren Fall Festival
- October 12th - Columbus Day - No School
- October 13th - 6:30 PM - Parent Meeting with Dr. Sandra Stone and Warren staff
- October 14th - 7:00 PM - BOE meeting at Warren School
- October 21st - 23rd - Parent Teacher Conferences
Please feel free to contact me at any time with questions, comments or concerns.
Hover over the photo gallery link to view additional galleries, such as the International Dot Day Art Gallery.