Lend Us a Hand!
We'd love your help to make our upcoming activities special for our Bears. Upcoming Volunteers Opportunities include:
- Toy Sale Set-Up on 12/6 - https://atozconnect.com/cls/events?idat7617
- Toy Sale Sale Day Help on 12/7 - https://atozconnect.com/cls/events?psog658
- Holiday Shop Set-Up on 12/13 - https://atozconnect.com/cls/events?ookr8357
- Crafts with Frosty Help on 12/14 - https://atozconnect.com/cls/events?oluk5358
- Holiday Shop Saturday Sale on 12/14 - https://atozconnect.com/cls/events?odap2565
- Holiday Shop In-School Shopping on 12/16-18 - https://atozconnect.com/cls/events?ptee8326
We provide a list of volunteers in advance to the school for security purposes, so if you're not on the list, you won't be able to enter. If you're having issues with sign-up, contact email@example.com.
Don't Miss the Toy Sale
Then join us on Saturday, Dec. 7 from 9 AM - 1 PM to come score great deals! Toys start at $1, bikes start at $10. Cash, check and credit accepted.
Barnes & Noble Night
Please join us on Thursday, Dec. 12th from 4 - 7:30 PM at the Barnes & Noble in Somerville. We'll have guest readers, crafts, tattoos and don't forget to pick up one of our Signature Frappuccinos. The 4th graders designed it and our parents at Wednesday's PTO meeting named it. Come see what they chose!
You'll also have a chance to pick up books from our guest author who will be visiting the school in the spring. Mrs. Rayburn has been hard at work planning our next author visit. Jodi Moore will be coming to our school in March. Order forms will go home in January if anyone is interested in purchasing one of her books. In the meantime, Barnes & Noble was able to secure a few limited copies of one of her books, When a Dragon Moves in Again for us next week.
If you can't join us in person, but still want to help support BGS, you can place orders online from Dec. 13-16 at BN.com/bookfairs and entering Bookfair ID 12578456. Share the flyer with friends and family too!
Thanks for your support!
Crafts with Frosty & Kids' Holiday Shop
We're kicking off the holiday season with a new twist on two favorite events. Join us Saturday, Dec. 14 from 9 AM - 12 PM for our Holiday Extravaganza where we combine Crafts with Frosty & our Holiday Shop.
Stop by any time that morning to:
- Do small holiday crafts, play games and take pictures with Frosty to get in the holiday spirit.
- Check out our Kids' Holiday Shop. We'll be open for a special preview sale so that you can help your kids shop for gifts for friends and family. Gifts include mugs, jewelry, toys and more, including special gifts for Mom, Dad, Grandma, Grandpa and all the special people in your child's life.
Our usual in-school Holiday Shop hours will be Monday, Dec. 16 - Wednesday, Dec. 18. Further details will be coming home next week.
If you'd like to help make spirits bright at the Saturday Holiday Extravaganza event or during our In School Holiday Shop hours, you can sign up for a time slot to set up, help kids shop, or breakdown the events in AtoZ Connect - http://login.atozconnect.com. Note that teacher names have been added to the various time slots, in case you prefer to volunteer during times your child's class will be attending.
Shop AmazonSmile for the Holidays
Got Accounting Skills?
We currently have an open position for a co-treasurer. If you have an hour or two a month to spare and have prior accounting or bookkeeping experience, we could use your help! Quickbooks experience or the equivalent is required. If you are interested or have questions about the role, please contact Briana George at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Love Show Biz?
Dates to Remember
Dec. 6 - Toy Sale Donation Window 9 AM - 2 PM & 4-7 PM
Dec. 7 - $1-2-3 & Up Toy & Bargain Bike Sale - 9 AM - 1 PM
Dec. 12 - Barnes & Noble Night - 4-7:30 PM
Dec. 13 - Holiday Shop Set Up - 6-9 PM (sign up in AtoZ Connect)
Dec. 14 - Crafts with Frosty & Holiday Shop Preview - 9 AM - 12 PM
Dec. 16 - 18 - Holiday Shop (in school)
Dec. 21 - Jan. 1 - No School