MacArthur 4K News
April 11th, 2016
This Week in 4K:
- We will continue our Farm Unit. Last week, we described what horses look like and eat in the morning class and what pigs look like and eat in the afternoon class. Please ask your child if they can tell you what they learned. This week, we will continue our learning and find out where the animals live and learn about the babies and how they grow and develop.
- We will be doing a sheep project on Monday and Tuesday and a horse project on Wednesday and Thursday.
- Wow, the students really surprised me at how they could write numbers last week! We will continue to practice writing numbers again this week.
- We will be counting from 1-50 this week and will practice counting backwards from 20 to 1.
- We will begin talking about 3D shapes (cubes, cones, spheres, and cylinders). 3D Shape Song: https://youtu.be/2cg-Uc556-Q
We are beginning to run low on snacks. If you are able, please send in a package of snacks with your child in the next few weeks. We could use apple sauce, string cheese, bananas, cuties, graham crackers, nilla wafers, or gogurts. We still have plenty of goldfish crackers. Thanks for your help!