TCS@ODU Family Newsletter
- Thurs. Aug 19 - Open House/Schedule Pick-Up - 5:00-7:00pm
- Fri. Aug. 20 - Community Beautification Day - 9:00am-12:00pm
- Mon. Aug. 23 - First Day of School for All Students
- Tues. Aug. 24 - Free Produce Drive-Thru - 4:00-6:00pm
- Mon. Aug. 30 - First day of school for CSCC
- Fri. Sept. 3 - Panther Power Hour - 1:30-2:30pm
- Mon. Sept. 6 - No School - Labor Day
- Thurs. Sept. 9 - Family Engagement Council Meeting - 7:00pm
- Thurs. Sept. 23 - Family-Teacher Conferences - 3:30-7:00pm
- Fri. Sept. 24 - No School - PD Day
Haga clic en "Translate" (Traducir) a la derecha para ver esto en español.
TCS@ODU Front Office Hours - 6:45am-3:30pm
Don't Miss the TCS@ODU Open House - Thursday 5:00-7:00pm!
For Open House please bring the following items:
REQUIRED before your student will receive their class schedule:
- 2021-22 Annual Student forms. Click here to complete online. Click here to print and complete.
- Current proof of residence dated after 7/1/2021
- $35 School fee that can be paid in person or online at: www.TheCharlesSchool.org use the Store button or Click Here.
- Click here to complete the Free/Reduced Lunch application.
If you have any questions contact us via email at: office@TheCharlesSchool.org OR call 614-258-8588 (be sure to leave a message.) Join us for the Title I meeting.
We hope to see you on Friday for the TCS@ODU Community Beautification Day - 9:00am-12:00pm
Techtastic FreshStart Forum Paint with Spheros
Ms. Zuniga students have been trying out some new tech including the Spheros (robot coding ball). Students have been racing, playing bumper bolts, and painting with them. They discussed the relevance and employability of including tech in their repertoire of classes and alternative options to receiving college credit through tech.
If your student(s) was not using a school bus to be transported to and from school during 2020-21 school year please complete the online application NOW for a Columbus City Schools transportation route: https://www.ccsoh.us/Page/4818
- Returning families, please check your CCS Transportation portal to make sure your information is up to date.
- An email address is required for registration.
- You should receive an email with a link to complete your online application.
- Then you should receive an email confirmation that your application has been submitted.
- CCS Transportation will send your student’s route information separately.
- Note: We do NOT have access to the student’s un-routed information.
For any further transportation questions, contact: Columbus City Schools Transportation
at 614-365-5074 Or visit 1560 Moler Rd., Columbus, OH 43207
When you shop at Kroger, and/or Amazon you can help TCS@ODU raise money for class supplies
Go to: www.krogercommunityrewards.com or call 1-800-837-4483 to enroll in the program. You can search for TCS by name or use our school code: DC649. Shop! Every time you use your Kroger Rewards Card TCS@ODU gets rebates. Kroger totals those rebates and sends TCS@ODU a check.
Amazon Smile gives to The Charles School! When you make a purchase on Amazon Smile they will now donate 0.5% of your total purchase to TCS@ODU. Go to http://smile.amazon.com/ch/20-2744006 to start shopping!
Ohio Early College Association
The Charles School at Ohio Dominican University is proud to be a member of the Ohio Early College Association. Representatives from each of the 13 Ohio Early College High Schools meet monthly to share best practices and resources, plan occasional group initiatives, and celebrate our work.
The Charles School at Ohio Dominican University has been a member of Middle College National Consortium (MCNC) since opening the school in 2007. MCNC is a national organization dedicated to increasing the number of high school students across the country who have access to college classes with an integrated support system that positions students for success. Member schools develop and sustain a successful model of collaborative education that expands student's future opportunities.
Our partnership with EL Education empowers our teachers to unleash the potential of their students. EL Education is built on ten design principles that reflect the educational values and beliefs of Kurt Hahn, founder of Outward Bound and co-founder of EL Education. These principles also reflect the design's connection to other related thinking about teaching, learning , and the culture of schools.
The parent or guardian of each student enrolled at The Charles School may request information on the professional qualifications of each classroom teacher who provides instruction to their student and the school will provide this information on each applicable teacher in a timely manner.
TCS@ODU is a School-wide Title 1 program, enabling us to receive Federal Funds to ensure that our students receive the support they need to reach and exceed grade level goals in reading and math. We welcome parent involvement in planning, review and improvement of Title 1 programs including the family engagement policy and the schoolwide program plan. Please contact Debbie Addison at email@example.com with any questions.
RESIDENCY VERIFICATION NOTIFICATION
Per House Bill 21 community schools are now required to perform a monthly review of student files and randomly select families for residency verification. Please be sure to contact the school immediately in case of an address change. Proof of residency must be submitted within two weeks of an address change. If evidence is not provided, requests for additional documentation or a home visit may occur.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
The Charles School at Ohio Dominican University
Location: 1270 Brentnell Avenue, Columbus, OH, USA
Phone: (614) 258-8588