Bits & Bytes - Tech In Ten
Curated Tools and Resources for our K-12 Teachers and Staff
My Follow You Doesn't Follow Me...
Let's look at how to:
- Resolve and/or prevent some of these printing issues
- Revisit how to unblock blocked content
- Report troubles
Of course, if you already know all of the above, read on for some more tips and resources that you can put to use in your classrooms today.
Cool Tools You Should Check Out
- Mentor Mob. Create learning playlists using content you find or create. Link to these playlists or embed them into your teacher page. See below video for an overview. Look here and here for playlist examples.
- educreations, "Teach what you know, learn what you don't". This is a free recordable whiteboard you can use in your browser or on your iPad using the app of the same name. Look here and here and here, for whiteboard examples. Each lesson you create is identified with a course code that you provide to your students.
- Symbaloo is an online bookmarking tool that allows you to organize your sites in a very visual way by using tiles that link to sites. Each page is called a webmix and can be embedded into your teacher site. Look here for website embedding instructions.
Tips and Resources For This Week
Use The Firefox Browser When Using Power Teacher.
Google Apps...use it in Chrome, that's where it works best!
Edmodo Professional Teacher Groups
To join, sign into Edmodo. Then click on the join link for the group you are interested in and the owner of the group will notify you on Edmodo that you are in. You will then see the group name listed on your left hand side just like your own groups. Once you are in, all you need to do is click on the group name and start making connections!
Click here for the group listing.
..In Our Next Issue...
Wednesday, March 6th, 2pm
This is an online event.
- Using Dropbox, and other online storage services from your PC, iPad or smartphone
- Getting data off of your smartphone
- How to use Smart Exchange
...and a few other items you will probably want to know about, so stay tuned!
How To Contact Us
We are available to come to your school or classroom.
We'd love to hear how you are using technology in your classroom.