CSA Lincoln Newsletter
Principal's Notes and Highlights
The Linden Project
- Last night was The Linden Project kick-off for both the community and our families. It was a great event and Josh Burnett's #celebratecolumbus video about our project already has over 10,200 views on Facebook! You can watch the video by clicking the Facebook link below or the embedded YouTube video. Coming home today in bookbags is an infographic about the project. A special thank you to our amazing PTO who paid for the printing of these infographics!
What are the next steps?
BCSC is wrapping up their assessment of all elementary playgrounds. BCSC has committed to supporting the project and in the near future we will have a better idea of how much money will be allocated to our site. What we want to achieve is much more than just the typical playground so we will need help from those interested in the community to fulfill our vision for an outdoor learning environment for our students and community.
How can you help?
There are many ways you can help with The Linden Project!
1. Share the video, The Linden Project Facebook page and website links with anyone you think might be interested in learning more about the project or possibly donating to support the project.http://thelindenproject.weebly.com/ or https://www.facebook.com/pg/thelindenproject/
2. The PTO is dedicating 90% of the money they collect in fundraisers (upcoming events: restaurant nights, Cookies & Canvas, Star Wars Bowling Night) towards the playground project. By participating in those events you are in turn supporting the playground.
3. If you or your place of work has an interest in getting involved with the project or donating, please email us at email@example.com if you have questions or you can also find FAQ's about how to donate here.
- This past Tuesday was the Paw Pack Party, Sports Recognition Night and Staff/Student Basketball Game! It was a great event and we appreciate all the positive feedback we have received about the event. It was a tight game with the White team defeating Red by a score of 26-23. I've included a picture below of the winning team.
- Monday is the last day for someone to submit a 2017-2018 CSA application and be considered in the lottery. We set a new record (2nd year in a row) with the number of applicants to the CSA program! If you know of anyone who is interested, they need to go online to our website and apply by that date.
- Parent Teacher Conferences and the Book Fair start next week!
Have a great weekend!
Check out The Linden Project video on Facebook by clicking the link below!
PTO Ongoing Fundraisers
Don't forget to make CSA Lincoln your organization for Kroger Community Rewards! As of the end of 2016 we have 46 households currently participating in this program. Anyone with a Kroger Plus Card can participate so be sure to get grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins involved!
Kroger Community Rewards
1. Visit www.kroger.com/communityrewards.com or call
1-800-Krogers, Option #3 to enroll your Kroger Plus Card in the Community Rewards Program and designate Columbus Signature Academy -Lincoln as your organization. Click “Enroll Now” on the Community Rewards page and enter our organization number 11083.
Use your Kroger Plus Card while shopping at the Kroger on National Road.
Box Tops for Education - Spring Submission Deadline is 2/24/17!
Keep turning in your Box Tops! The spring submission competition deadline is fast approaching! Please refer to the FAQ sheet below for any Box Tops questions and good luck to all the classes!
Parent-Teacher Conference Week- Food Donations!
Parent-Teacher Conference Week will be here soon (Feb 6-9), which means that our teachers will be putting in some long days!
If you're able, please sign up where you can to give them an afternoon pick-me-up and keep them going during these extra hours.
Sign up here: http://signup.com/go/qhJU3n
Visit from Purdue Extension Office, Mr. Trimpe-1st Grade- Reduce, reuse, and recycle!
Steam Passions- Rock Cycle with playdough
Steam Passions- Rock Cycle with playdough
Staff/Student Basketball Game Champions!
BCSC Pre-K Applications
Our BCSC Pre-K Program is now accepting applications. Children must be 4 years old on or before August 1st, 2017. The application process will remain open, but we will start filling classroom rosters in March. The application can be found on the BCSC homepage. The direct link is, http://www.bcsc.k12.in.us//cms/module/selectsurvey/TakeSurvey.aspx?SurveyID=1050. For more information, please feel free to contact us at 812-376-4569.
WHAT IF WE NEEDED YOU TO KNOW...
WHAT IF there was an EMERGENCY? WHAT IF we needed to GET INFORMATION TO YOU? This is a QUICK and EASY way to communicate needed information TO YOU!
Click here to join the CSA Lincoln group.
Where Good Kids Become Great Leaders- Young Marines
Columbus Young Marines will meet every Saturday starting February 18th, 2017 for 13 weeks at 4131 Rockyford Road in Columbus from 9 am until 12:30 pm. We will have an informational meeting and enrollment on Saturday February 4th from 10 am to Noon. We will also have enrollments on Monday February 6th from 6-8 pm and Friday, February 10th from 6-8 pm.
For more information, you can contact the Unit Commander, Scott Riley at 812-344-4320.
Husky Gram Winners
Isabel Jessie Garcia
Click here for directions on how to receive text message updates from Mr. Findley
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions!