What does the system do?
The Circulatory Systems brings oxygen, nutrients and hormones to cells; fights infections; removes cell wastes; regulates body temperature
How the organs work together
-The pump that keeps blood flowing through your body
The Different Blood Compositions.
- Red Blood Cells- Carry oxygen to the body cells
- White blood cells- Defend body against disease
- Platelets- Cell fragments needed for blood clotting
- Plasma- Fluid portion of the blood
2 Common Disorders
- Myocardial Infarction- An infarction is blockage of blood flow resulting in death of muscle tissue / About 146,000 people in the UK have an MI every year. / Diet and no drugs / Depends on the situation
- Angina Pectoris (Stable Angina)- chest pain or discomfort due to coronary heart disease / Pain during physical exertion, May feel like gas or indigestion / leading cause of death in the United States, accounting for 26.6% of all deaths / REST