Week 29 Recap
We closed out 3rd quarter with a fantastic 2 days of our APEX X-Factor Obstacle Run and Color Battle. Hopefully your kids came home and had a blast yesterday and today as we head into Spring Break. Thanks to all of you who came out to help volunteer with Apex and chaperoning our field trips that took place this week.
SV along with all of DVUSD will be closed for Spring Break until March 20 when we kick off 4th quarter. We are also nearing the start of AASA state testing for all 3-8th grade students which will begin the week of March 28th for 5th and 8th Grade. All 3-8th grade students will be testing in ELA and Math April 4-April 20. We appreciate your support in getting all kids to school on time during this testing window and to schedule any well visits and appointments outside of this testing windows so we can have ideal testing conditions for all our Vipers. The full schedule for state testing can be found below, and your child(ren)'s teacher will be in contact with more specific details after Spring Break.
5th Grade Field Trip
Our 5th graders spent 3 days up in Prescott! They enjoyed snow & team building activities
Tracking Goals in 3rd Grade
3rd graders in Mrs. Cullen’s class have been setting goals this year & tracking data!
Apex Obstacle Run
Our K-6 Vipers ran their hearts out on Thursday to celebrate the end of our APEX X-Factor. Thanks to all our parents who came to volunteer and support!
5th Grade Field Trip
Tracking Goals in 3rd Grade
Positive Office Referral Winners
This week's positive office referral winners are: Cash, Izibel, Micah, Charlotte, Benji, Aliyah, Elsie, Levi, Emma, Liam, and Jenelia. Thank you all for leading with kindness and setting a great example!
What a week! Thank you to everyone for their support with the Apex Obstacle and Color Run. The Viper Family showed up big time- we have raised over $100,000 through these last two weeks!
Staying in town for Spring Break? Come hang out with fellow Vipers at Stratosphere on March 15th from Noon-2pm! Mention Sierra Verde and the school will earn 20%!
SV Spiritwear Store
Arizona Attorney General Anti-Bullying Presentation
Anti-Bullying Presentation for Students, Monday, March 20, 2023
This presentation will address the different types of bullying, how it’s affecting our youth, and preventative measures students can take. We empower and encourage students to change the culture of bullying and create a kindness culture instead. We also inform students about the legal consequences for bullying and how it can affect their future. This presentation will be given to 6-8th grade students on March 20 in the morning by grade level.
Middle School Sports Schedule
3/21 Home vs Diamond Canyon 4:30 pm (Boys play first)
3/23 Home vs. Terramar 4:30 pm (Boys play first)
Middle School Track
3/23 @ Mountain Ridge High School 4:45 pm
Gifted Rocks Summer Camp
DVUSD Job Fair
Yearbooks Still Available
DVUSD Community Education Summer Camp
PBIS Rewards continues to be a huge success at SV this year and your students love to spend their PBIS Rewards points at our school store. If you are interested in donating to our PBIS store, we have a PBIS Store Amazon Wishlist. You can also drop off any donation items to our office - new/gently loved stuffed animals are always a popular item.
Help stock the PBIS Store Rewards Store by purchasing Rewards directly on Amazon. If you purchase from our PBIS Rewards wishlist it will ship directly to campus and our kids can purchase immediately. Stock our store here:
Spring Field Day
Spring Field Days will take place after spring break by grade band.
March 22 is 4-6 Field Day 9:00 am - noon
March 24 is 7/8 Field Day 9:00 am - noon
March 31 is K-3 Field Day 9:00 am - 11:30 am
Join Team SV (Paraprofessional, Crossing Guard, Cook, and Viper Den)
Community Education is also hiring before and after care workers for our Viper Den program. This is a 6 hour per day position before and after school. If you are interested in this position please contact Dina Sands 623-376-3903 or stop by our office for more information.
- DVUSD Is closed for Spring Break March 13-20
- Friday 3/24 is a 2:00 pm early release for our staff to participate in PLC collaborative team time.
- Battle of the Books Battle #3 will be on 3/23 at 9:30 am in the Media Center
- If your child is absent please call our attendance line directly for faster reporting at 623-376-4890
- Our Parental Input Classroom Environment Form is now available on our website for the 23-24 school year. This form will still active until April 1 when we will make our first draft for class lists.
- We cannot sign out kids 15 minutes before dismissal (3:15 is the cutoff).
- Reminder we cannot do deliveries to classrooms or call classrooms except for glasses or chromebooks. Phone messages only delivered to students at 2:30. If there is a pick up change, please call our office before 2:30.
- For those who are interested in volunteering in classrooms and/or attending field trips, you will need to attend a one time district volunteer training (class locations and times can be found at www.dvusd.org). If you have already taken the training you must come in to the front office to update your information, this must be done every year.
Have a Safe and Relaxing Spring Break!
Sierra Verde STEAM Academy
Nationally Accredited STEM Certification
"A" Rated School by Arizona Dept. of Education
Proud Home of the Vipers
Deer Valley Unified School District