A Newsletter for Central Elementary School Staff
For the Week of November 16 through November 22, 2014
- Thank you to everyone who helped with Family Fun Night and Science Day! Without your help, these events would not have been the huge success that they were. A special thank you goes out to Diana Harris, Linda Dickey, Robin Davies, and Patty Price for presenting experiments in the classrooms and for coming in early to help!
- Teachers - Starting Monday, November 17, 2014, you will receive phone calls into your classroom at the following times: Any time before 8:40 am, 10 minutes before your class's lunch time, and from 3:00 pm and after. Parents who call from 8:20-3:50 pm will be sent to your voicemail. If a student is leaving early, you will receive a phone call when the parent arrives unless a parent sends a note sharing that their child will be picked up at a specific time. (i.e. If a parent sends a note sharing that their child will be picked up at 2:00 pm for an appointment, then the teacher would send them to the office a few minutes before that time.) If a student has forgotten their lunch, homework, or other school materials/supplies, teachers will want to call the office when you get a chance to see if the office has the item(s) or send a student to the office to check for or pick up their items.
- Visitors and Volunteers - A few times weekly, we have parents who come to school before 8:40 am who want to meet with a teacher. Starting Monday, November 17, 2014, these parents will not be allowed to come to your classroom until the teacher has been contacted either by phone or in person. If you hear your phone ring before 8:40 am, please answer it. Otherwise, someone from the office will have to come to your room. Teachers, if there is a parent/volunteer who is always welcome to come directly to your classroom, you must email Margaret and Karen letting them know. This means that you will also need to let the office know who is volunteering in your classroom. This is for everyone's protection. If you have any questions about this please let me know.
- Teachers - Our next staff meeting is on Tuesday, November 18, 2014 at 7:30 am in the LGI Room. Please bring your laptop. We will be preparing for our upcoming visit from administration (More information is below about this.), and for our cross grade level release day this coming Wednesday.
- Teachers - If you are sending documents to a copying machine, you must use either the Follow-Me Printer option and your ID badge or you will need to set up a lock passcode. If you send documents directly to a copier, they will copy in the middle of someone else's printing job.
- Confidentiality - I want to remind everyone about confidentiality. Remember that students are listening even when you may think they are not. Remember to discuss student issues in private.
- What Do I Do? - If a student has not returned to your classroom and you are unable to leave the room to check on him/her, please contact the office. We will check on him/her for you.
Certified Staff - Here is some information in preparation for a school delay. If we have a two hour delay due to fog or severe cold, teachers are expected to be at school at 8:20 am, and we will have a staff meeting starting at 9:00 am in the LGI Room. If we have a two hour delay due to road conditions, teachers do not need to be at school until 10:20 am. You will receive a phone call about the delay that will specify if the delay is due to fog/cold or roads so that you will know when to be at school.
Classified Staff - You will receive a chart in your mailbox this week that will share what to do for school delays and closures. If you have any questions about this information please let me know.
Special Visit - PCSC principals, directors, and superintendents are visiting all of the schools this year to see the incredible work that each staff is doing with our children. Administrators will be visiting Central on December 12th from 9:00-11:00 am. They will be stopping in classrooms for 15 minutes to observe the instructional practices we are focusing on.
Two Representatives Needed - Communication between our PTO and our school is important. To help facilitate this, we need to teachers to serve as representatives. The two reps will take turns attending PTO meetings and in turn emailing the staff information about the activities that the PTO is involved in to support our school. If you are interested in helping in this role, please let me know by Friday, November 21, 2014.
Calendar and Room Reservations
To review/print out a copy of our calendar for the next few weeks and a list of when rooms are reserved for use, click HERE.
You can view the Central Elementary calender by going to www.plainfield.k12.in.us/cn. You will need to sign in at the top of the webpage using the same username and password that you use to log in to your computer.
Things to Do
- _____January field trip requests are due Monday, December 8, 2014. Click HERE to access a field trip form.
- _____November Value Student of the Month - Nomination forms are due Friday, November 21, 2014. Click HERE to access the nomination form. You will need to save the form to your desktop, then email it as an attachment.
- _____December Value Student of the Month - Nomination forms are due Friday, December 5, 2014. Click HERE to access the nomination form. You will need to save the form to your desktop, then email it as an attachment.