Patriot Points 10/5
Independence Elementary believes that nothing is more important than children. We are continually committed to the social, emotional, and academic development of every child. Our school is a safe, challenging, caring, and supportive environment where teachers, parents, students, and community members work together to ensure all Independence students have a solid foundation for life. We strive to make the learning experiences at Independence fun and engaging while holding everyone accountable for reaching his or her highest potential.
Quote of the Week
From Byers:I would like to give a shout to Martee, Robin, Pam, Pene, and Elizabeth for assisting in getting all the iPads set up and ready for MAPS testing.
I would also like to give a shout out to all the teachers, Sharise, Pene, and Caroline for being flexable and patient as we completed this first round of MAPS testing, 3rd, 4th and 5th grade teachers did a great job using the iPads. Caroline, thanks for testing Hunter Collins when his vision teacher could not be here to test him.
Native American/Indian Grant
You will be receiving forms for this in your boxes. Our goal is to surpass our total of $480 from last year.
Veteran's Day Production
Wednesday 11/11 @ 1:30 - Production
Colter will be communicating the details to you soon!
You are all invited to attend an optional review of running records on Monday @ 2:45 in the Media Center. This will last no more than 1 hour.
Running Record Proficiency Task will be offered on the following dates and times:
Tuesday, October 6th @ 3
Monday, October 12th @ 9, 10, and 1
Other times, if needed, just see me!
Reminder of things due:
Classroom Environment Checklist
Sept Exit Slip (in Canvas)
Read and respond to one article on Classroom Environment (in Canvas)
Thanks for all you do!
Benchmark tests need to be completed by the end of the 9 weeks.
Grades 3, 4, and 5 will do this on Canvas. You should have gotten an email regarding this information from Kimberly.
Grades K, 1, and 2 will do pencil and paper tests. Pene has these. Afterwards, you will enter the test information in Canvas. You should have received an email regarding this from Kimberly. Remember these are percentages and you will not include the percent symbol.
Any questions??? Ask Pene.
Math Notes of Importance
SAVE THE DATE
Faculty Fall Festival
Thursday, October 15, 2015
Debbie Keener's house
Spouses/Fiancé/Significant Others are welcome
Look for more info to come!!
- Join Hospitality if you have not already.
- There is a new Safety Training on SafeSchools. Please complete this by the deadline. You should have received an email.
12:20 - K5 - Lesslie Fire Department Visit
2:45 Optional Running Record Refresher @ Media Center
10 - I Policy Meeting @ DO - King
2:45 - Gift of Time
3:00 - Running Record Proficiency Task - Option 1 @ Freeman's Room
6 - PTO
Jean Day - Wear your IDES shirt of your choice!
8:30 - Finance Meeting
9:00 - Admin Meeting
Recess on RHHS field behind playground
6:00-8:00pm Fall Festival
15 - Sylvester
21 - Scott
26 - Dushime
Upcoming Dates to Remember:
- Conference/Workday (1st 9 week conferences should be held by this date)
- 9, 10 & 1 - Running Record Proficiency Task Times - Freeman
- Grades Completed by 5:00 PM with verification
- IDES Social @ Keener's
- This morning: TK Awards due to the R Drive and the number of awards you need in each category should be emailed to Anne. We will use the data for our SIP plan.
- Thursday - 8:15 - Kindergarten & 1st Grade Awards
- Friday - 8:15 - 4th & 5th Grades, 9:00 - 2nd & 3rd Grades
- Election Day - Bag Lunches - More to come about breakfast and dismissal.
- 1:30 Veteran's Day Production Practice
- 1:30 Veteran's Day Production - Cafeteria
- Monday - Thanksgiving Lunch for Kindergarten, 3rd & 4th Grades (Bag lunches for 1st, 2nd and 5th in classrooms)
- 12/14 - Christmas Lunch for 1st, 2nd & 5th Grades (Bag lunches for K5, 3rd & 4th)
- Make sure that you have spent the money allotted on your card no later than 12/31/15. You have the envelope Jackie gave you to keep receipts.