Grapevine Mustang Band
Week of Jan 24
Notes from the Directors:
Good afternoon Mustang Band!
- Congratulations to all of our Area Musicians--we are proud of your hard work!
- Thursday, Jan 28 is our Future Mustang Member and Parent Meeting. if you know an 8th grade band member, or someone interested in joining guard, they should attend this meeting. Info Below.
- 2021-22 GHS Band Course schedule is below.
- Tuesday, January 26 is an asynchronous day. There will be no band rehearsals on Tuesday.
- All students (winds, percussion, and guard) will participate in our upcoming fundraiser. Please see below for more information.
- GCISD Winter Showcase will be held on January 30 at GHS. CHHS Winter Guard, GHS Winter Guard, and GHS Indoor Percussion will all premiere their 2021 programs.
- HEB Scholarship opportunity - see below! Deadline is Feb 3.
- GHS Ensemble Contest is Saturday, Feb 6. Students will receive a finalized schedule in band class. Winds will perform in the afternoon.
- All Families can start raising funds for their individual band account NOW with the Scrip Fundraiser. See below for details.
Please feel free to review the presentation above in a clickable form that you can view at your own pace.
Today, wind and percussion students received a welcome/information letter and contact collection form. Students are responsible for collecting AT LEAST 20 potential donors. Guard members will receive physical materials on Tuesday, during their class period, but are encouraged to start collecting ASAP!
Contacts were due TODAY. If a student did not turn his/hers in, they should submit a photo on Canvas. Every student must turn in their contacts. If you are having trouble finding 20 contact, see your band director.
An in-person, Live Kick Off Event will be held on Tuesday, February 9th in the Auditorium. This event will also feature prizes for students as donations are collected.
Up Tempo is a tested and proven fundraising program. Our goal is $40,000--We can make it happen!
H-E-B is a Corporate Sponsor of the UIL and has its annual H-E-B Scholarship Program for Community Service Excellence opportunity. Nominees must have the following submitted to https://www.sportsinaction.com/scholarship/ by no later than Feb. 3, 2021:
- Minimum 3.3 GPA
- Number of Community Service Hours completed in the last 12 months
- Community Service Verification Letters to document the number of hours submitted
- A Letter of Recommendation
- A Short Essay (500 words or less) on the topic: “What does Community mean to you?”
There will be 15 total winners – 5 each in music, academics and athletics – and each will be awarded $2,000 from H-E-B. An announcement of the winners will be March 9, 2021. Please make your students and/or support staff aware of this opportunity.
All students and parents must join the Remind Groups. We use Remind to communicate quickly during events and will only send out messages that are important for everyone. Visit the band website for details.
How to pay your band fees online
You may pay for your child’s fees easily with a credit card using a Pay Pal account. To use this feature, click on the “Finances” button then choose the “Make A Trip Payment” button. If you have not set up a Pay Pal account, you will be given an option to do so. Choose to pay using your credit card, debit card, or bank account. Make secure purchases without revealing your credit card number or financial information to the GHS Band or the CHARMS system. PayPal offers one of the safest platforms for online commerce with fraud rates at a fraction of those of typical e-commerce offerings. PayPal offers ease and flexibility, accepting all major credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express), as well as all major debit cards and direct transfers. Please be aware that there is a fee to pay by credit card.